Lubbock Texas

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lubbock is a crazy place to drive, but about an hour and a half north of there is Palo Duro Canyon. That is a beautiful place to go. I live 105 miles west of there and my parents live in Lubbock. We go over there for our box store shopping cuz there ain't crap around here any closer. Big town for those of us living in jack rabbit / rattle snake country. Mostly flat straight roads and sand hilly country. Elevation was the hard part for my kids when we moved back down here. We went 10 feet above in Cape Cod to 1/2 mile up here in the high desert. In August you can look forward to 100 to 110 degree heat with about 25% or so humidity. A little over 4 hours to the west and you can be in the Rocky Mountains. All in all, it ain't like it is back east.

Well it appears that the motorcycle God's are smiling on me...

We are now going to visit by brother in-law and his family. After that, I am going to Houston for a week long training and then I get to ride home. While I am in Houston, my wife and son will be doing all the heavy lifting of moving his junk, that she keeps buying, into his fully furnished apartment. I won't make it to Lubbock :music:

I guess I should mention that my brother in-law lives in Austin, so I guess I get to ride in the hill country of Texas rather than the flats. :party:

The only down side to all of this is that I lose my Jeep... :doh:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=176283#p176283:3rbwx9tl said:
backlander » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:14 pm[/url]":3rbwx9tl]
Brian, check out the Three Sisters area while your down there, I here it is the bomb, the ultimate ride.

That is the top of my list. :moped:
Depending on the which list you look at, the Three Sisters is ranked as the #1 motorcycle road in the country.