Lucky finds

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldWrench

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok left fork seal started leaking, wondering what I did wrong when I replaced them I pulled the fork appart and found a realative large nick in the fork tube, no fixing that without hardchroming the tube or replacing it. Now this is the left fork.

So go on Ebay and complete fork asseblies for an 83 are about 200 bucks, the low and behold I find a left hand 83 fork for 39 dollars, it should be delivered tomorrow.

Next find someone may be interested in here. One of my co workers said they had an old wing sitting out in their pasture, want it come get it. Been sitting in the field for I don't know how long.

It is a complete 83, brakes are frozen and yes it is a mess. So I"m wondering someone on here might want it, or parts off it. Plastic all apears good but needs to be painted, don't think it will really clean up. This bike is in a small farming town south to Sacramento about sixty miles.
I personally don't want to restore it but probbably could use some parts off of it. I'm not looking to make money here, just help any of you out that might have a need or want.

I'm always interested in such things. I'm in northern CA too, Woodland, just west of Sacramento. Let me know the particulars and let's see what we can do.

flexible on the end use. I have rehabilitated my 82 Interstate and am in the last stages of a Rebel 250 renovation. Will need new project in about a month.