maybe a strange question kick-start?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianstaley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay so this may be strange sort of question, but mine is a GL1000 from 79 maybe certainly around that time anyway. So mine doesn't have a kick start just electric start. Anyone got an idea as to a) can it be retrofitted and b) what would be required outside of the kick starter on the outside, inside? cases ETC. I am looking at doing this while I restro my own bike. I have to think that this is a great "get you out jail sort of card".

Ian :thanks:

The rear case cover, kickstarter mechanism, and ratchet collar on the end of the crankshaft would need to be installed. The '75-'77 crankshaft part number is different than the '78 and '79, neither of which had the kickstarter, so your crankshaft might not work.

Yeah I miss those backup systems... they are great as long as there is nice in the battery.. since Honda uses a battery excited ignition system.. gotta see 12 volts to fire.. battery dead even the kick start will not help..