Most Ridiculious thing you have seen on Goldwing...AKA P.O custom work

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CBH":1e8uou27 said:
A car radio tied and taped to the handle bars.
HEY!!!!!!! I did that to my boys' big wheels back in the day. I had a couple old c.b. radios and some old antennae parts and duct taped them on. The boys thought they were cool. Ofcourse I ALWAYS had a c.b. in my vehicles and still have a base station.

vtxcandyred":1xk043hr said:
CBH":1xk043hr said:
HEY!!!!!!! I did that to my boys' big wheels back in the day. I had a couple old c.b. radios and some old antennae parts and duct taped them on. The boys thought they were cool. Ofcourse I ALWAYS had a c.b. in my vehicles and still have a base station.

Used a Galaxy 88 as base,with a Boomer base amp.But around here not many people get on the radio anymore.

ajclockga":2c1vivdo said:
vtxcandyred":2c1vivdo said:
CBH":2c1vivdo said:

Used a Galaxy 88 as base,with a Boomer base amp.But around here not many people get on the radio anymore.
Yeah I know. Not many of the old timers here either. I don't have a big set or anything, just what my dad had when he passed away and I set it up at my place. We had matching RCA Co-pilots. I lost mine in a house fire years ago and never replaced it. It was good enough with the flats working I could skip LATE at night. My wife would always come down and give me the look at two or three after I took my trip to the little boys room and clicked it on on my way through. Almost always keyed up and gave a shout. Now I only have a Big Stick up and it set up in the garage.

vtxcandyred":2r2mksvn said:
ajclockga":2r2mksvn said:
vtxcandyred":2r2mksvn said:
CBH":2r2mksvn said:

Yeah I know. Not many of the old timers here either. I don't have a big set or anything, just what my dad had when he passed away and I set it up at my place. We had matching RCA Co-pilots. I lost mine in a house fire years ago and never replaced it. It was good enough with the flats working I could skip LATE at night. My wife would always come down and give me the look at two or three after I took my trip to the little boys room and clicked it on on my way through. Almost always keyed up and gave a shout. Now I only have a Big Stick up and it set up in the garage.

We have not talked in a couple of years.Mostly truckers on 19 now.No locals doing any talking.My wife loved talking skip in the mornings.But
i got those looks at night.

ajclockga":qiynd7du said:
vtxcandyred":qiynd7du said:
CBH":qiynd7du said:

Back in the day....when CB was a new thing,This radio cost me as much as I paid for my Wing..I've been a ham operator for 46 years...Bought this new in 1968....Still occupies a shelf in my radio room and works like new...vacuum tubes; not a transistor in it! I could sell it today and buy a NEW bike...
IMG_0204.jpg

tomlind":3pif6tiu said:
ajclockga":3pif6tiu said:
vtxcandyred":3pif6tiu said:
CBH":3pif6tiu said:

Back in the day....when CB was a new thing,This radio cost me as much as I paid for my Wing..I've been a ham operator for 46 years...Bought this new in 1968....Still occupies a shelf in my radio room and works like new...vacuum tubes; not a transistor in it! I could sell it today and buy a NEW bike...
IMG_0204.jpg

ooooohhhhhhh........(drooling)..............NICE RIG.......Much rather have the tubes.Alot better than peels.How many tubes? :heat:

FF0000Wholey snap, a Tram. Have'nt seen one in years. A friend had his set up with a wire and a nut on the end thrown up into a tree. He had several of different lengths. The most advanced I got was having a MoonRaker and I can't remember what it was called but it had three vertical sticks, one for north, one south west, and one south east, and a switch to change directions. And a ground plane.

Thr Tram uses 19, I have a 1956 Hallicrafters sx-99 also with 27 (took me 3 years to restore)...A Browning R27/S23 Eagle too...Besides vintage bikes, I also have a fondness for Vintage Radio Gear..My Dad was a Signal Corps radio operator during WW2 and the Korean conflict. I kind of inherited his appreciation for fine equipment. Restoration costs for tube equipment are high, but they retain value and are a decent investment. If your furnace goes out, you can always use the radios for heat... :smilie_happy:

ayup a good amp can heat a whole house :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :mrgreen:
VE3 LKY

Thats a fact...a quartet of 811a's (my favorite) or a pair of 3cx250b's...... :smilie_happy:

tomlind":3ognhh23 said:
Thr Tram uses 19, I have a 1956 Hallicrafters sx-99 also with 27 (took me 3 years to restore)...A Browning R27/S23 Eagle too...Besides vintage bikes, I also have a fondness for Vintage Radio Gear..My Dad was a Signal Corps radio operator during WW2 and the Korean conflict. I kind of inherited his appreciation for fine equipment. Restoration costs for tube equipment are high, but they retain value and are a decent investment. If your furnace goes out, you can always use the radios for heat... :smilie_happy:

Very nice.Not to mention you could open a hair salon.Just let'em walk thru and touch the the tubes while you're keyed up.Instant curls. :smilie_happy: