Motorcycle Cover

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Believer45

Reaction score
My Bike Models
1962 Triuimph Bonneville (sold)
1975 BMW R90/6 (bought new, sold 20+ years later)
1985 GL1200 Interstate, LOVE this bike.
Good day all.

1985 GL1200I with an OEM Hondaline fitted cover that finally bit the dust (got old and brittle, splitting apart). Any recommendations for a good fitting aftermarket cover? I do not have a garage so she sits outside and I cannot find any source for the Hondaline cover now.

Any and all input welcome.

Thanks -- Dave / Believer45

I bought a Coleman/Paulie Tuttel design cover heavy weight fits well and completely covers. Weather proof.. I will post pics of it ice covered.. would recommend this to any wing owner especially dressed

Here are the three pics I have of my cover on my gl1200 interstate..

Attachments

• the cover in daylight.png
    the cover in daylight.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 205
  • snow covered.png
    snow covered.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 207
  • ice covered 1.png
    ice covered 1.png
    23 KB · Views: 214
Thanks, Joe. I really appreciate the pictures. How does this hang on in wind? I have a problem with the cover blowing off the bike - we have a six acre field behind the house and get steady winds quite a bit. I also have an over height windshield, do you see any issue with an additional 5" over the stock windshield height? The pictures look like a bit of a tight fit from windshield top down to the front tire.

Only held on by 2 bungies... snug front to back... but has lots of freedom in the fabric.. not real tight.. the heavier weight does more to help hold on.. wind didn't affect it at all... 5 inches might be a stretch.. but you could get the largest cover and see how it fits... if not return it... if your out my way you can try mine...

Mine is a Paul Jr. Design. Sold by Coleman... found this at wall Mart.. felt like same material as mine... this also has trailer tie downs.. if you make it trailer queen for a trip... about $60 at my local Wal-Mart where I bought my cover before

Attachments

• alternate cover...png
    alternate cover...png
    42.2 KB · Views: 167
I ride a GL1500 with both whip antennas for radio and CB... I have seen half covers that does the front back to the seat... It would have been nice if Honda did an antenna that folded down so you can use a cover... What do other 1500 riders do about a cover???

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=155266#p155266:3dtec5oz said:
alwims » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:04 am[/url]":3dtec5oz]
Here is my "cover". https://www.ecanopy.com/stl-70403.html This is so much more convenient and doesn't take up much room. I've had several different covers before I went this route.
I sure wish I could put one of these at work.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=155258#p155258:289m2s91 said:
Omega Man » Today, 9:22 am[/url]":289m2s91]
They do, lift up at the base(the part that is scored) and they can fold forward. :Egyptian:
Thank you :clapping: :thanks:

Latest posts