My fiberglass engine covers after paint.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tory

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased these last summer,but needed 82 case guards,witch I found, to use them.

I just finished painting,striping and clearing them,but cant install them untell the bike comes back out of COLD storage.
Frickin -7 degrees this morning :(

Attachments

• sidecovers 002.JPG
    sidecovers 002.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 318
mcgovern61":hogj09j7 said:
Nice job Tory! BTW, how is your wife doing? :hi:

Slowly getting there thanks for asking.Theres alot of iron in them there feet!
She has started to bear weight this week with the help of a walker and someone to balance her.
The right ankle is healing very well and is taking the weight very well,but the left foot is still being stuborn.Hoping that starting the physical therepy this week well help bring it around.

On the brighter side she hasnt had a cigerette in 4 months,and has lost 70 pounds. :shock: I told her thats good for at least a couple mile/gallon on the wing :smilie_happy:

Oooh man, tough love!! :heat:

I am glad to hear she is improving, it still sounds like she and you guys have a long road ahead. We are praying for you here in NJ!

The covers look sweet, and glad to hear the little lady is getting along a little better!

Omega Man":1kz6h8ev said:
They look great! Question: where does the heat go, and could these be a problem in extreme heat situations like bumper to bumper traffic?

~O~

You know a little about that bumper to bumper stuff now!...lol

since its a liquid cooled engine it shouldn't matter if you totally conceal the motor as long as theirs air flowing through the radiator. I would like to find a pair of those for my 1100I.

Like he said,with a watercooled engine it shouldnt matter.
Im hoping it takes a little heat of my legs in the summer.They come right off with quarter turn fasteners for those colder rides.

I accually found them on EBAY listed in the 1200 listings.Obviously the 1200 guys didnt bite and the price was right.Ive scored a few cheap buys that way like my rear trunk pockets.
Gotta love uneducated sellers.

I finally found a round TUIT.
I needed to rig up fasteners,they came with brackets,but no fasteners.I got some BSA 1/4 turns from P.T. Customs that work awsome,and had to notch the right side for the sidecar mount.
They pop on and off quicky,and man do they ever make a huge differance in the engine heat on my legs.

Attachments

• sidecovers 001.JPG
    sidecovers 001.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 216
  • sidecovers 004.JPG
    sidecovers 004.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 212
:good: :good: :good: Yeah, baby, YEAH!! Those look great! Looks factory...if the factory had a clue, that is! I like the contoured look, as opposed to the flat chrome ones I see. Either way, your 'Wing looks super nice! :clapping:
And if Dan doesn't take the boards, I will!! :smilie_happy: :eek:k: :mrgreen:

joedrum":13empupr said:
tory that looks realy good to me idont think ive ever seen those covers before..... :shock: :good: :clapping: :yes:

Joe,Ive only seen a couple and one of those was on the back of ADD ONS catolog.That is precisly why I wanted them.Well that and the heat factor.They do a great job keeping the heat from the motor of me,yet seems to have no affect on the engine temp.Runs 1/4 gauge in 80 degree weather.Im more of a 50 degree kind of guy.

Now if youll excuse me Im going to go put locks on my highway boards. ;)

I founf a pair on Evilbay a few months back for 24.99 plus shipping thought this was a great find as only seen them going for $200-plus waited for 2 weeks nothing . Got real pi--ed off that they where not coming my way Evilbay made sure i got my money back . But had some one tell me not to get them as they are stator cookers .