My new seat

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danf

Reaction score
Hey Goldwing guys, I have saved myself a bunch of dollars doing the change myself, I gotta say I'm kinda proud of myself on this one, see I figured out a way to install these new seat cover so that even if you are not a craftsman you can install these with ease just like a pro , the littlebeaver way ha ha..... But I will post the photo's of this mod. tomorrow in the sun light...And I will post a how too on this tomorrow as well...But for starters here is the excellant site that I got the covers from on ebay, the price for the cover is 58.96 and shipping is free,,I'm done with my seat and it looks real nice, not just nice but real nice..Here's the site.. https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0460900165 If you guys have a bad seat cover man I gotta tell you with my help you will have it done with ease, other wise it's going to be a real pain in the ass..Well heck here are some photo's tonight anyway, why wait until tomorrow...View attachment 3View attachment 2View attachment 1 What I did was I used small washers to built the depth out a little and it also holds it well, now if you are smart which I know you are, you will screw it down well all the way around 100 percent about 2" apart, and you will need to pull like really hard in some places and hold it in place to screw it down, one person can do it with ease using miniscrews, Now when I had removed the old tired cover, I put down a big garbage bag and taped it down you can see the tape in the rear photo,,, the chrome pieces on the sides, be sure you mark the location of the holes because once the seat cover is applied you will need to find them. Mark them as a carpenter would mark a stud location with a black marker..I just pushed a small nail thru to locate were to put my studs for the chrome pieces, you gotta bend those straight to get them out and save the lock washer things, reshape them because they will be reused.. ..too easy guys....And if you guys want to go ahead and staple the material down now you can and remove the screws, but I just left the screw alone as is..Way too easy guys..I thought it was going to be hell...But doing it this way was actually fun and I'm quite proud of my work too and totally happy with the result..Really happy, Gotta new seat now.... Ok, here's the thing I hate doing things twice, if you staple these all down first, well lets just say it's easier to unscrew a screw than it is pulling a bunch of staples, use the screws first then staple if you want to staple... :fishin:

Here is the screw I used, we used these alot at work framing up metal studs and such....They come in handy on all kinds of projects...

Something new for Ginger, the seat was spliting in two spots, beyond repair, I was going to order another seat but a good one is hard to find anymore, so I ordered a cover and I got my new seat.. :Egyptian: I could not be happier with it..

:clapping: :good:
The term "Busy as a Beaver" comes to mind....yer always doin sumtin!! Looks good! :wave:

I went to the link you listed beave and they do the installation and stuff on those covers at Piggott, Ar, about 50 miles from my hideaway farm in northeast part of Arkansas. I'll just run over there the next time I go to the farm and check them out. Thanks, I need a couple of covers. I'm planning a trip up there shortly.

Looks Great. I thought about replacing my seat awhile back. I ended up just redoing the one I had myself.

0114121556.jpg

Seat started as a double-bucket. I cut it the foam, added some things, patterned and stitched the cover, riveted it on and been happy ever since.

:mrgreen: I don't know how many of us are thinkin it, but I gotta say it....

file.php

Looks like someone might have had an "accident" on that seat.... :blush:

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

AApple":29rnrqhx said:
:mrgreen: I don't know how many of us are thinkin it, but I gotta say it....

file.php

Looks like someone might have had an "accident" on that seat.... :blush:

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: (Can't do anything around here un-noticed!)

Well done Beav,
When I bought my bike the seat looked a lot like yours. It was coming apart at the seams and the Diamond pattern was sewn in but all the threads were gone. Not a single stitch left. I figured if I took it to an upholstery shop, they would put it on a machine and give me all new holes for a perforation tear. I pulled the cover off, added some more padding and hand stitched the entire seat by hand through the original holes. Took me two full days but what else does an old retired guy have to do.
Mine was attached with pop rivets so I just drilled them out and re-mounted it with pop rivets through the same holes. It turned out really nice and no problems for over two years now. No guys, I'm not interested in taking in any seat jobs. One was enough.
I spend my time :moped: and :fishin: now.

I have a couple of seat pans that need redoing. I've been holding off for some foam rubber to stuff it with. It's hard to come up with a piece large enough to do the whole seat, for the right price. I found a large enough piece of leather on ebay for about $35.

See now these guys are just poking fun at me now :shock: :shock: :smilie_happy: ,,,they kinda think I went pee pee on the seat, or poop... :shock: :shock: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: I like the rivets idea, I just need to remove the screws and pop them in...Or just leave it alone as is...either way, it's fastened good and I like it.. Rivets would be more flusher that kind... :good:

littlebeaver":pxbfjb4w said:
See now these guys are just poking fun at me now :shock: :shock: :smilie_happy: ,,,they kinda think I went pee pee on the seat, or poop... :shock: :shock: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
Now we didn't SAY anything! Are you IMPLYING that we SAID anything? :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
(It was just an observation) :smilie_happy:

Well it just simplifies the whole process and if you are not happy and need to readjust something, it's pretty simple just to back the screw out and rescrew it...I was a little embarrassed of my seat, I went and painted the bike all pretty and such then to have a torn seat ,,,,Well I found that unexceptable, so when I saw a cover for it I pulled the trigger...

Latest posts