My poor baby

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkB

Reaction score
The good news is, I'm OK. The bad news is, I got hit by an inattentive driver at a gas station today. Trashed my left saddlebag and the crash bar. Knocked me to the ground, but like I said, I'm OK.

The bike itself appears to be fine; I was able to ride away from the scene. The Kia Soul wasn't so fortunate. The steering was clearly damaged. Car vs Oldwing and Oldwing won. Sort of.

Now it's just a waiting game to see what insurance is going to do.

Mark

I honestly would have to say I would of thought you would be safe in a gas station ( except in those crazy Russian car crash videos). Just goes to show that rider awareness has to be turned on always. Good to hear that you are ok :good:

I saw it coming and swerved or it would have been head- on. The driver admitted she was looking in her rear view mirror because she thought somebody was going to hit her. Her spidey sense was working, but misdirected.

Mark

MarkB":3p4lgqvz said:
The good news is, I'm OK. The bad news is, I got hit by an inattentive driver at a gas station today. Trashed my left saddlebag and the crash bar. Knocked me to the ground, but like I said, I'm OK.

The bike itself appears to be fine; I was able to ride away from the scene. The Kia Soul wasn't so fortunate. The steering was clearly damaged. Car vs Oldwing and Oldwing won. Sort of.

Mark

My daughter had a Kia Soul did it look like this?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Sure glad you weren't hurt, Mark. Just proves that you're never safe ANYWHERE, and that there are idjits EVERYWHERE.
Hope the Wing can be repaired quickly, and cheaply! It's riding weather! :moped:

These days if you don't have medical expenses insurance won't pay much if any. Glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. Dan, thanks for the offer on parts! I may just take you up on that!

Mark

Be sure to check the frame where the crash bar mounts, especially the upper one by the radiator. My '80 parts bike and my '83 are both bent there, and the crash bars weren't too badly famaged. I have a good, straight frame now, thanks to Dan the man!

1060dsl":1deu9zik said:
MarkB":1deu9zik said:

Mark

My daughter had a Kia Soul did it look like this?
Looks like the picture didn't work earlier

View media item 18991

Latest posts