My SCC adventure

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just picked this up over lunch
Relay.jpg

Just so I understand:

30: Power in from the battery
87a: to the fuel cutoff switch
85: Ground
86: switched power (brown/white wire)

This sound right?

I don't know the Solex, but if the cut off switch "cuts off" the fuel when power is applied, then you're backwards on the 87a node and it needs to be 87. Node 87 is Normally Open and turns "ON" when the relay is triggered. 87a is the opposite.

<<EDIT: Never mind. It's me that's bass ackwards. >>

Looks like you're good.

The relay works perfect. It activates the cut off switch perfectly. Now to route and secure all my wiring, hook up the fuel line and cross my fingers!

Can anyone tell me how long the electric choke typically takes to heat up and open?

I'll be testing my work sometime tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Well last night was my night to test fire. The only thing not hooked up yet is my throttle. I reached down to manually move the throttle and I noticed fuel squirting out around the accelerator pump. I was working on multiple things at the time so my plan tonight is to visit those 4 screws and hopefully tighten them enough to make a tight seal without stripping any threads.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=194069#p194069:3g46w8tj said:
brianinpa » 50 minutes ago[/url]":3g46w8tj]
Would you hurry up and fire that beast up already!!!! :BigGrin:

I'm extremely anxious to get it fired up. Hopefully I can get off work a little early today to get it going!

Is turning out the mixture screw richening or leaning out the mixture? She wants to fire but not quite there. I set my mixtures at 1.5 an 2 with no success. How far out is too far without pulling the needles out completely?

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=194138#p194138:2femt5tq said:
D-50Dave » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:58 pm[/url]":2femt5tq]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=194069#p194069:2femt5tq said:
brianinpa » Yesterday, 10:58 am[/url]":2femt5tq]
Would you hurry up and fire that beast up already!!!! :BigGrin:
New avatar photo, Brian?

Yeah, I put the 81 to rest so until I get the 84 back together again and have the 84 and 87 side by side, this one will need to do.

Well, I've adjusted the mixture from 1 turn to 3 turns with the same results. The best I get is a sputter and nothing else. I'll pull the top off my carb and look at the float height as well. I'm wondering if all I'm firing on is fuel from the accel pump.

I'll pill the jets tomorrow and report. I didn't jot them down when when I had it apart.

The suspense is killing me so I went out tonight and pulled the jets and this is what I have:

127.5 Main
75Z Air Correction Jet
055 Idle jet (this is the jet on the outside that looks like a bolt with a ball bearing in the middle of it.

The main and air correction jets are clear and the inside of the idle jet looks clear. Should air pass through to the outside around that plug? Maybe that's clogged? That's a style jet I've never seen before.

I never messed with the air correction jet, but the other two jets are the same size that mine stared out with.

When i was done adjusting, my jet sizes were
Idle - .30 mm
Main - 1.35 mm

But that was a 1200 motor with a C5 ignition, so i had all vacuum ports on the carb plugged.

The idle jet you describe is just like mine so i doesn't sound like it is clogged.

Latest posts