My wing had a gremlin

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrscamhlspouse

Reaction score
Ok, I was sitting at the stop light the other day and all of a sudden my wing dies as if you had shut off the kill switch. All lights were working and it started right up. Could it have been the electronic signal in the road that triggers the light? It has never happened before and hasn't happened since, Weird! Any clues, anyone?

jrscamhlspouse":3tfmwys9 said:
Ok, I was sitting at the stop light the other day and all of a sudden my wing dies as if you had shut off the kill switch. All lights were working and it started right up. Could it have been the electronic signal in the road that triggers the light? It has never happened before and hasn't happened since, Weird! Any clues, anyone?

Mine did the same thing only once back when I first got her. I thought she was just making sure I was paying attention. :smilie_happy: Maybe a short some place?

~O~

Could be anything. Loose ground .Water in the fuel. loose battery connection. shorted wire to kill switch. Minor movement of the ignition switch. I'm sure there will be many more suggestions. I'd check the wiring as it goes into the headlight bucket for wear. And any place the harness may be pinched or worn.

Either the kill switch was just a touch close to off...or.....I have had my ignition switch do that if the key is a smidge past the on position.