new from Buffalo,ny

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crowhorse

Reaction score
Hello everyone ! I had read some info on stator/alternator kit here and everyone seemed helpful and friendly so I decided to join the fun.. as well as advice from GW people.. which I need,

Do not have a GW yet . Loooking in the Buffalo and Rochester ,NY area.... Found a 1982 GW Interstate.85 k miles.. seems not to charge battery..asking $1200.. Could be stator , regulator or wiring.... I saw the video on testing the 3 yellow wires.. May need to do that...
1977 GL1000 - 51 k miles.. needs farring wired..$1200
and last 1981 GL100 48 K vetter bags $1650..

So again hi to everyone and thanks for this place to learn about GW...

crowhorse..

Welcome to the CGW Forums, crowhorse!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

welcome to classic ....tuff choices ....77 sounds the best to me so far .....81 soumds good also with no mention of downside ....82 has best gearing id say ..but no way id pay 1200$ with bad stator ,,not even close to that ....like half or less ....

Thanks for all the welcome comments....!!!!And to 1060DSL over the bridge who seems to be closest..nice truck
The The 82 GW Interstate sold.. I am going to look at the 77 GL 1000 in the afternoon..
Thanks joeDrum for the breakdown.. I have been reading about the GW GL 1000 years 75-77 had trouble with reverse lighting unit .... could be some of the issue along with old wiring and maybe bad ground..( taking a flashlight to see what I can see)
there is 1980 GW gl 1100 - in Buffalo so I am going to try to see today also ..says runs good can send pics..not much info on it...( not sure thats a good sign) ..

thanks again to all for the welcome

The 80 is a good ride, depending on asking price. Is it an interstate, standard or Aspincade? Wat extras does it have? Always look and listen to it before you buy. All bikes rus great untill you get there. :smilie_happy: :music2: :music2: :music2: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Well everyone , today I bought the 1977 GW GL 1000.. Started and drove it...muffler seemed a little loud, not Harley loud at all.

The owner had a new Yamaha V-star in the garage, He just wanted the 1977 GW GL 1000 out.

Now what did not work was the headlight and right front turning light.All other lights were bright and working...

I will Have to check the wires from the head and right turning light. Does anyone know if there is a wiring harness to the front of the bike on this model ? ...well just have to follow the wires checking along the way...

I hope to be on the road soon.. I have attached a photograph of 1977 GW GL 1000

Attachments

• 1977 Goldwing GL 1000 front.jpg
    1977 Goldwing GL 1000 front.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 78
gee looks just like my 77 did when i got it same everything...yours is cleaner tho and mine didnt run ....as for lights let me give you the deal the early 1000s had a reserve lighting unit ...a gov dipshit device that totaly useless ....its probably needs to be bypassed and them the lights will work or be able to be fix ...that unit dose crazy illogical stuff to the lights that will test your sanity ...it did mine ...there a thread here somewhere on this just a few weeks ago ...maybe someone can find and post it not my best skill the puter thing ...im sure it what wrong with yours