New member from the motorcity

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcsdriver12

Reaction score
Hello everybody,from Detroit ,Motorcity (where else) . Had Goldwings since 2002 .Thought I would like to get into "Classic bikes" Searched the net for months and finally found one .85 1200 LE in excellant cond.Since it sat for a few years the fuel system is a big problem now. I think this the greatest forum ,will be looking forward to particapating :thanks:

Welcome to the CGW Forums, mcsdriver12!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

hello mcsdriver, welcome to GWOF. hows things in belleville? i have friends and relatives in belleville buy haven't been out there much this year. i don't even remember riding to lower huron or willow metro park this year

Welcome to CGW!

Please be sure to check out the Pine-Sol carb cleaning thread if a carb "rebuild" (mainly just cleaning) is needed. Definitely beats the Gumout technique I've used for years.

Hope you enjoy your '85 GL1200 as much as I'm enjoying mine! :mrgreen:

NOOO :shock: :shock:

Dont do it!!! I am working on a 900F that the P.O. had the carbs soaking in pinesol when I bought it from him.It may have cleaned (but blackend) the aluminum but it rusted all the steel parts to the point I had to buy a second set of parts carbs to build a complete set.nastiest stuff I have ever seen.

Best thing I used is a ultra-sonic cleaner.You can buy them off EBAY or harbor freight for $150.00 or find someone that has one.They are awsome.