New member from Va

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChopSocky

Reaction score
Hello everyone, 26 year old guy from Harrisonburg ,Va here. I recently bought my first goldwing last week. I've ridden since I was 17, but mostly on old bobbers with ape hangers. After selling my bobber, I hit up craigslist in search of an old goldwing. I wound up with a 1981 gl1100 in GREAT condition. I traded $1000 cash and a $500 crossbow for a bike he was asking $2300 for. It runs great. Only issue is the speedometer is not working. Bike has 96,000 miles.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 150
Welcome! Check the speedo cable. Fitment at the wheel drive is a little tricky. My 81 had the same issue. It took me 5 tries to get it right.

Welcome from Oz. +1 on the cable and speedo drive. Needed silicon spray in the speedo end and second cable now works fine...

Welcome from North TEXAS DFW area.... Okay on the Speedo issue.. to test if it works.. you Vann use a reversible drill... st the wheel take the cable off... Chuck a flat tip screwdriver bit into the drill.. insert it into the slot on the drive cable and with the drill in reverse... turn the drill on... should see about 30 to 35 mph/or kph equivalent... verifies cable and Speedo working... also verifies cable is there.. on mine the wheel eared drive ring was rotted and worthless unable to trigger the cable drive... piece was available from the dealer..

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=113863#p113863:3ringetk said:
ChopSocky » April 2nd, 2014, 8:40 pm[/url]":3ringetk]
Hello everyone, 26 year old guy from Harrisonburg ,Va here. I recently bought my first goldwing last week. I've ridden since I was 17, but mostly on old bobbers with ape hangers. After selling my bobber, I hit up craigslist in search of an old goldwing. I wound up with a 1981 gl1100 in GREAT condition. I traded $1000 cash and a $500 crossbow for a bike he was asking $2300 for. It runs great. Only issue is the speedometer is not working. Bike has 96,000 miles.
file.php
Is that stock height ? looks a bit lower ?? I LIKE IT

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=208345#p208345:2hhy2ukt said:
oldwing » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:47 pm[/url]":2hhy2ukt]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=113863#p113863:2hhy2ukt said:
ChopSocky » April 2nd, 2014, 8:40 pm[/url]":2hhy2ukt]
file.php
Is that stock height ? looks a bit lower ?? I LIKE IT
I think it is the seat that makes it look lower. That is a Travelcade Road Sofa. I have the same one except that I have the driver's backrest.

image.php

Latest posts