New Member, New 82 Goldwing Owner

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TossingLead

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi from DFW TX.
I picked up an 82 Naked Interstate that I am going to put back on the road. It looks like the last time it saw road time was some time in 2009.
This is the first Goldwing for me.
F62918A7-6119-444A-9EB6-A892F33A9B35-4330-000008E5B9987CEF_zpsc3c6ce7b.jpg

Welcome to the site from New Jersey! :clapping:

Just a heads up, your bike was more than likely an Interstate model that has been converted to Standard (naked). You can check the VIN number on the steering yoke to see if there is a letter I after 82. Just be sure all of your wiring is working correctly.

Welcome to the CGW Forums, TossingLead!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

What part o D/FW you be in?

Found out why they stopped riding the GL the right head gasket is blown. Not sure if I can save the cylinders from the pitting, it is going to need rings, Heads look good. Need to reevaluate what I am going to do with the bike.

If you can do a compression test, wide open throttle and good cranking battery and see what you get.
If your uneasy about it spray PB blaster in the plug holes and let it sit a day then crank it.
I have seen tough looking cylinders show some respectable compression.
Then after you know you can tear into the head gasket. Would be a whole lot easier then splitting the cases.
Welcome to the forum.

Latest posts