Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill55

Reaction score
I'm new here on the forum. I live in Slatington, Pa. I relatively new to goldwings but not to motorcycles. My first bike was a Yamaha 250RD, had it for couple of years, then bought a brand new 81 Yamaha 650 Maxim that I had for 16 years. There was a 17 year gap with no motorcycle, then last summer I bought an 82 Goldwing, GL1100, it only had 21000 miles on it. I plan on doing my own work on it and so far I rebuilt the front forks. This coming riding season I'm going to replace the timing belts and change the seals in the rear shocks.
With the past bikes, I always took the bike to the dealer for any repairs but with goldwing, I plan on doing all the work myself so I will be relying on goldwing forums for any info needed for repairs.

Welcome aboard, I too started on the RD`s, R5 and other earlier model Yamahas..A breeze they were to work on and pretty darn fast for what they were.
I was new to Goldwings a couple few years ago, not what I was expecting in some regards, parts are sometimes difficult to find, finicky, tight everywhere, not always friendly to parts swapping..Get it right and it will serve you well.
Mine has 12K now and I have put about 3K on it since I pulled it from a garage where it slept for 23 years.

Welcome aboard. We can answer just about any questions you have. Even goldwing questions :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: