New solution for traffic jams?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AApple

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 Innerstate("The Turd")SOLD!!, 1996 GL1500 Innerstate
I think NOT! Maybe over that in China, but here? Whadda they gunna do when some Gomer with a work van and a ladder rack runs up under it? Or a box van? :nea: :Doh2:

[video]https://youtu.be/Hv8_W2PA0rQ[/video]

It is a very unique idea! Will not work here in the Northeast because of so many highway bridges that are right at or below 13'6" clearance. It is an interesting concept though! Do not underestimate the technical capabilities of the Chinese; they are pretty sharp! Although they cut corners in much of their manufacturing, that does not mean they do not know how to make everything work correctly.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=89270#p89270:s9wgb4n7 said:
joedrum » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:28 pm[/url]":s9wgb4n7]sheesh we all want to be sardines ...nope not me I don't want to live where one of these busses live
I do! Well....sort of......we kinda use them all the time...sorta......they call them ferry boats! :smilie_happy: (A Staten Island ferry boat moves about 6,000 people in one trip!) Might not work on land so well, but not much different. I like being in the people moving business no matter what the mode is!

I'm with Joedrum. I like living in the country with minimal people and traffic. To each their own. My daughter-in-law wouldn't live in the country with all the critters for nothing. It is interesting someone came up with this idea. Looking forward to see if they do this and how it works out.

Great idea!
As the video says, seems much cheaper than building subways.
There are too many people in China.
The less energy they consume, the better for the rest of the world! :hihihi:

I could just picture this in Los Angeles, somebody wanting to pull out between stops. This could be a mess.

Our way of thinking in the big cities has a very long way to go before anything even close to this could work.

I think we all need to get used to nothing really "Big" happening here in the U.S, We cant even fix our existing infrastructure.
Consider yourself lucky if they re pave your roads.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=89293#p89293:109bbbst said:
zman » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:26 pm[/url]":109bbbst]I think we all need to get used to nothing really "Big" happening here in the U.S, We cant even fix our existing infrastructure.
Consider yourself lucky if they re pave your roads.
I agree there! Look at what we call high speed rail...the Amtrak ACELA (which I ride monthly). It isn't really high speed except on a few sections of straight track here in the Northeast corridor. They may have put new track down, but they still had to use the same right of ways the old tracks followed from over 100 years ago! :rant:

I also ride the Amtrak Regional train which is the old Metroliner coaches and they are way more comfortable and that train runs nearly as fast as the ACELA! Also, the ACELA coaches are lighter than the Metroliner coaches which makes them hop, skip and shimmy real bad at high speed. I try to type on my computer when riding the ACELA and I have to chase my touchpad all over the place from shimmy!

Since the Chinese people are subject to , and are therefore , more disciplined than the rest of the world I think this concept could work. Good luck to them. I would rather they were the guinea pigs for this then anyone else. After all if they can make it work with their population density then it theoretically would be easier and safer for others to follow their lead.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=89314#p89314:7822zlym said:
David Mantle » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:35 pm[/url]":7822zlym]Since the Chinese people are subject to , and are therefore , more disciplined than the rest of the world I think this concept could work. Good luck to them. I would rather they were the guinea pigs for this then anyone else. After all if they can make it work with their population density then it theoretically would be easier and safer for others to follow their lead.
Agreed!

Except for one thing; it seems over here we have lost our ability to be innovative as a leading industrial nation and we often "wait and see" now whereas we used to be a leader in developing world class or innovative technologies.

America died 1913 when the federal reserve antichrist took over this country ...there no growth or progress in any way when the country is infested with tic moneychanger system of total rip off

Latest posts