New Tars and Dyna Beads

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F :sensored: Dennis Kirk, and the horse they rode in on..... :rant:

Here's the response I just got, along with a copy of Bridgestone warranty pamphlet that is so small you can't even see it.

Dennis Kirk Customer Service":1dpqired said:
Joel,

I'm sorry for the problem with the tire.

I checked with Bridgestone and this tire is not covered under warranty.

The use of the Dyna Beads has voided their warranty. See attached Bridgestone Warranty Information.

What this Limited Warranty Does Not Cover:

#6 Tires with sealant, balance, or other filler material that was not originally applied or inserted by the tire manufacturer.

Once again I'm sorry for this tire problem.

Thank you,
Ron
Customer Service
Dennis Kirk, Inc.

I will contact Bridgestone next, and see what they say...after that...Michelin here I come.... :rant:

update: :fiddle:
Here's the response I just got from my reply telling DK to stick it..... :whistling:

Dennis Kirk Customer Service":1dpqired said:
Joel,

I'm sorry you feel this way but as we are not the manufacturer of the tire we have to follow the manufacturer's warranty.

The best we can do is have the tire evaluated. If the tire doesn't show that it had Dyna Beads in it Bridgestone might cover it under warranty.
You can return this for Warranty Evaluation if you like but we cannot guarantee anything.

Thank you,
Ron
Customer Service
Dennis Kirk, Inc.
:Doh2: :Doh2:

So...essentially they are saying that the use of Dyna Beads is an automatic out for them on warranty issues...even if there is no way they had anything to do with rubber cracking? My tire cracked way back when and I didn't use Dyna Beads in mine. (Course, there is also scrape and tear marks around the crack in my tire.)

mcgovern61":2t2q8fbp said:
So...essentially they are saying that the use of Dyna Beads is an automatic out for them on warranty issues...even if there is no way they had anything to do with rubber cracking? My tire cracked way back when and I didn't use Dyna Beads in mine. (Course, there is also scrape and tear marks around the crack in my tire.)
Are the Dyna beads heavy? Actually when you think of it they apply pressure from within I can kind-of see the logic

1oz in the front, 2oz in the rear.
The dynabeads have NOTHING to do with the tire cracking...it is a defect, plain and simple. I have also contacted the maker of Dynabeads for some support....
I'll be contacting Bridgestone tomorrow. Trouble is, I don't don't know WHEN this crack actually started/appeared...for all I know, it has been like that since I mounted the tire in September. Don't really matter, imo...friggin tire should NOT have a crack in it @ less than 2000 miles. I need to get the build date from it.... :rant:

Taken from MotoTireGuy.com

Every US Department Of Transportation (DOT) approved automotive and motorcycle tire has the tire date of manufacture stamped sidewall. The format of this date appears in a WWYY format, as in week/year. For example the manufacture date code of 4407 translates to the 44th week of 2007. Tires produced prior to the year 2000 use a three digit code. For example the manufacture date code of 378 translates to the 37th week of 1998. New tires should be less than 3 years old. I recommend discarding used motorcycle tires after 8 years of age.

https://mototireguy.com/tirefaq/index.html

were you able to determine the age of the tires they sent you?

Did they do anything for you?

25th week of 2011(2511)
I have heard nothing from anyone...

FINALLY got a response from Bridgestone...
Some feller from Bridgestone":67wpv1ky said:
All motorcycle tires are sold and serviced through motorcycle dealers. Your local dealer should inspect the tire to determine if it is covered under the terms of the warranty. If covered, he can arrange to have the tire warranted through his parts distributor. Perhaps he is unclear on the terms of the warranty - if so, he should contact his distributor to clear any confusion in this area.
While we do not recommend their use, installation of balancing aids would not void the warranty unless the tire condition is related to their use - balance issues, wear issues, etc.

Mark Kuykendall
Engineering Manager
Bridgestone Passenger and Light Truck Tires
Motorcycle Tires
Kart Tires
Bridgestone Americas, Inc.

So...now what do I do? I dint buy the dang thing locally, or from a dealer. I doubt a local dealer would be willing to help get me a replacement tire, since there's no $$$ in it for them. Should I send this reply to the turds at Dennis Kirk, and see if they will relent? :headscratch: :rant:

Take the reply to a dealer that carries those tires they'd get free replacements. One for you and one for themselves to restock.

Did the bead thing with the last set of Metzlers I had.............

not either here or there on them as a balance tool. Probaly won't use them again, as I have lot's of stick and clip on weights at home.

the jerk from Dennis Kirk":3nzwcj2u said:
Joel,
Please return this tire back to us for Warranty Evaluation and we will see what can be done for you on this.
Please fill out the Merchandise Return Form (back of invoice) and enclose it with the items you wish to return in a secure package.
We will process the return as soon as we receive it back.

Thanks,

Ron
Customer Service
Dennis Kirk, Inc.

Great...just what I wanted. Take the tire off, have the bike down for however long it takes them to tell me again, "Sorry..tough doo-doo, we can't warranty this tire...it has a crack in it".
I guess I'm screwed...I'll have to take it off, pay to ship it back, and hope for the best. I guess Imma gunna get the other NEW Spitfire I have with the nail in it patched on the inside, and put it on in the meantime...and hope it don't explode, or leak air.
Dadgummit...all I wanna do is RIDE...why do it has to be so haaaard? :crying:
:hihihi:

there not a reason in the world that syna beads on the inside hurt the out side of the tire ...personaly i will never mention bridstone and denniskirk to anyone but as no company to not deal with what so ever

Ok, this is my point of view (no disrespect to anyone). The point of view that I have has helped me not feel frustration with products that fail or do not live up to there expectations.

1) Anything I buy mail order I consider as-is. I don't care if its new or not, I don't care if it has a warranty or not. I look at the cost savings by buying online is going to severely limit any type of customer support I may have. This started with computer components but has spread to every product that I buy now.

2) When it comes to motorcycle tires, its not about cost savings, its about safety. Never be concerned about early replacement on tires, just be happy the flaw was found without hurting yourself, passenger, or someone else. If that means a new tire every 1000 miles because of bad luck, consider yourself lucky that you found the flaw in your garage and not by an accident investigator

3) Never patch a street bike motorcycle tire and mount it unless you are just trying to get back from a trip. The cost savings is not worth killing yourself or more importantly your passenger who didn't get to make that decision.

On your specific situation I would just buy a new tire of your liking, send in the old one with your information that you got, and if you get a replacement keep for the next replacement or resell it to someone else.

While I understand your frustration, as long as no one is hurt, chalk it up as having another evening tinkering on your bike. In the end isn't that what its about. Riding and working on motorcycles. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

when you look at this with reverse reasoning ....what bridgestone is saying is a few dyna beads destroys their tire to be safely on a motorcycle and they are blaming apple for the defect to the tire by adding dyna beads ....if this is all it takes for their tire to be useless then it shouldn't be on any bike period by there own discount to there product ....plain and simple to me ....

joedrum":mzil9fix said:
when you look at this with reverse reasoning ....what bridgestone is saying is a few dyna beads destroys their tire to be safely on a motorcycle and they are blaming apple for the defect to the tire by adding dyna beads ....if this is all it takes for their tire to be useless then it shouldn't be on any bike period by there own discount to there product ....plain and simple to me ....

:good: Agreed.

joedrum":26npybut said:

Let me clarify...it is Dennis Kirk that says the Dyna Beads voided the warranty. Bridgestone said that using the Dyan Beads would NOT effect the warranty. Just want to make that clear. Dennis Kirk is the one trying to shirk responsibility....

glad you clarified that. I was about to e-mail bridgestone and give them my two cents.

I've used dyna for two seasons now. My tire looks almost brand new with very little wear.

I'm running BStones with DBeads. My old girl has worn fork bearings(don't start :roll: ) and she rides better than ever before. Over 1,500 miles on them, and they have no visible wear, I'm forever sold. As for a dealer of anything, they will stop at nothing to void a warranty.

That's my $2.00(opinion has devaluation included). :hihihi:

~O~