new to me 82 1100 standard is home

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats what i do too .....my other wing is done the same way......no thermostat and manual switch fan.....i could care less what the puris think.....i could be called joehack.....im just so glad its fixed and seemingly fixed itself im going to put a manual switch on it today and move on to somethig else ......

ineed to get an after market sheild to put on it.....one of the rubbers is gone on one of the rear shocks.....i need a set of progressive springs for the font forks with seals and buschings....and i have some saddle bags to put on it seem to look good on this bike ....

nice clean look with luggage rack and adjusable backrest ,bags and wind sheild....still has the naked look with alot storaged capability and comfort ...i couldnt
ask for a better set up on a bike like this.......

went for a long ride today ...ijust got back .....so far im at 168 miles and still not at reserve yet.....its hot today somebody said it was like 96 degrees today .....
the gauage never got over half way....the fan never was on at all....so this bike is fixed .....

one of the rear shocks has the rubber in eyelet totaly gone out .....what is the fix here .....can you buy some kind of replacement or something....or do you have to come up with something yourself .....im looking for ideals here got to be somekind of easy fix to get past this without taking the thing off.......

im also looking for an after market wind sheild thats big .....i used to have one on the 79 1000 when it was naked it even covered tghe hand grips and was perfect in my opinion.....i cant remember what brand but the model was enterprise . poeole would say it was a giant windsheild on wheels.....but it did a real nice job and its what i want still looks totaly stock.....

at 3400 rpm the 82 1100 gose about 63 mph ....the mongruel dose about 70mph at 3400rpm....the 82 1100 is about 200 to 300 rpm taller than the 79 1000 with
the 1000 finnal drive there real close in gearing .....looks like my milage is going to be in the 40s easy ......

ive got some real nice after market hard bags that are going to match this bike perfect with its naked look .....

here is a picture

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 118
thanks nakedtob that put a cork in there laughter.....yaa guys i couldnt be happier with this bike .....nakedtob replace this bike with a 84 1200 standard he found ....i havnt seen it yet but imight when and if i can go to the mid ohio bike meet in july maybe me nakedtob might get together and go hes pretty close ...
and maybe jerry might be here at that time hes planning on seeing his daughter it might be at the same time....

again im trying to come up with some way to fix the rubber busching in the bottom of my air shock on the rear .....got to br some way to do this pretty easy

dan you ought to take one of nakedtob pics a put it in the bike carosell even if you have to take the mongruel out for some reason....

thanks again nakedtob for posting your pics for me one day i will get this down but i dont know its hard for me ....

wow 52 MPG ......MOSTLY COUNTRY CRUISING oops and some interstate riding ,diffinutly no traffic jam type riding not where i live.....

so guys thanks to gerry i was able to find the windsheild i want ......only thing that im having trouble deciding is tint i think they said a light gray tint is this a good thing ....anybody used one before....i just dont know....is the tint inside the sheild or a coating.......

so i guess there is no amp gauage or lite on 1100s idont see one anywhere.....

52mpg that as good as the 82 750 F i had .......

Joe, the tint is actually the color of the plexiglass. On my '81 Suzuki GN400 I had a smoke colored Plexi-faring II and it worked great on sunny days and it help cut down on headlight glare at night. When I replaced the windshield on my Vetter faring, I chose clear because I thought I was saving money. Now I wish I had gotten the smoked one! Here is my old 400:

Attachments

• 1981 GN400-2.jpg
    1981 GN400-2.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 92
That looks mean. Like it looks like it is ready to attack. It is amazing how different these bikes can look.

thanks andyb i dont think i could be any more pleased with its looks .....the adjustable luggage rack and backrest......and how well it runs...... :yahoo: :yahoo: :mrgreen:

wow thats looking sweet nakedtob....is that somekind of after market fairing .....or a custom mod to a honda fairing.......wow were all set to go to the bike meet

i bet it runs well someone did a lot of work on it .....i dont think ive seen one setup quite like that......nice bike.....i think im going to take your advice and put the 1200 motor in the mongruel just like it is.....and use the 1000 motor for my custom build bike......

NICE BIKE!!! Old school with the sissy bar and rack- love it! That's almost exactly the look I want for mine- sissy bar, luggage rack but I want a clear windshield as well- I'm looking at a parts bike this week that's got all that stuff on it- buy the parts, get a bike for free- well, we'll see what condition they're in when I get there- Way to go, Joe!

Hi,
You may have had a bubble in the cooling system after removing the thermostat. These things are known for getting a bubble caught in there and then finally letting out a big burp (if running with the rad cap off) and circulating coolant. It may be that your thermostat was restricted. You could check that out on the stove if you have a thermometer.
Just a thought,
Greg