New-To-Me and the beginning of the adventure.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxystaxi

Reaction score
I picked this bike up on a trade for my old 1996 Chevy Blazer that only had a little life left in it. I'll admit now that I've never been on a bike before and seem to always put it off year after year. So why not just get it over with and dive in with a 1975 Goldwing? I had a friend help check it over and test drive it for me so that I knew I was getting something that wasn't just a painted turd that the guy was pawning off.

A little background from myself; I'm from Wisconsin and am a "jack of all trades" type of person and love projects. Believe me, I think this is going to be a fun little project, I just hope I didn't bite more off than I can chew. There are definitely issues with the bike, primarily the brakes seem to be sticking (not to mention the front right bleeder valve appears to have been damaged and needs to be removed with an "easy-out" or I may just replace with a used caliper off ebay. Secondly the previous owner added new LED turn signals and saddle bag lights. The turn signals do not blink nor do the bag lights react when braking.

At first I was shocked at what the previous owner had done to the Goldwing; but after looking at it and seeing the dream that he had I can appreciate the direction on what he did. Honestly I think I will keep to the design and only try to add to the beauty by cleaning it up further.

Attachments

• goldwing75.jpg
    goldwing75.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 195
  • goldwing75rear.jpg
    goldwing75rear.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 194
Nice looking bike..I think it is a good candidate for a valkyrie seat transplant..75`..Maybe check your serial number for low production numbers,seems low serial numbers are the hot thing in 75` models.
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome from Southern California! Nice bike! The turn signals won't flash with LED bulbs unless the flasher unit is replaced with one designed for LEDs. Enjoy the ride!

Steve's right on that, you need a solid state flasher relay(It is under the tank)..Thinking it is available at most any auto parts store for 15 bucks or less It is a universal part.
It wasn't clear in the pics but I guess the seat is OK..I thought it had a chunk missing from the rear corner.

Welcome to the CGW Forums, maxystaxi!!! :clapping:
Looks kinda funky....just our style around here! :good: