New to me Goldwing

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

89-300ce

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Jorg and I'm a new owner.

I got into bikes in college around 78. I started with a basket case 71 bonneville which I rebuilt into stock, then drag bike, then clubman racer. Around the same time bought a 750-H2 which I built into a cafe racer. Got into dirt bikes and sportbikes. Last bikes where a GSXR 1100 and a CR500. I stoped riding when my son was born 17 years ago.

A lot of bad stuff has been happening to friends and family around me and I decided I'd better get back into it while I still can. So I started looking with the intention of buying an 1100 and stripping and customizing it down into a retro style (50's BMW), sprung solo seat etc.. I ended up with a 30k miles 83 Interstate that's just too nice to butcher.

I have some minor improvements planned (series regulator, LED's, etc.) but mostly intend to just keep her in good shape. The photo is from the previous owner. I've made quick disconnects for the light bars so I can remove them and the trunk for around town.

Jorg

Jorg

Attachments

• 167.JPG
    167.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 145
Welcome to the CGW Forums, Jorg!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Nice bike!! :good:

Welcome aboard Jorg! 83 is one one of the nicest tour bikes going. Glad to hear you are not going to butcher that one. :salute:

yes thats a nice bike ....i have the 83 interstate too....same color as yours.... :mrgreen: im pretty good at making a bike my own but the 83 i like dressed ...mines kinda striped as dresser go ....no extra lighting or music stuff ....but im okay with that ......so i guess i have the around the town look all the time ....i have the chrome side covers like yours i like that a lot on a black bike.....hard to change one without hurting its supper comfort and looks....im looking forward to some nice road trips.....nice bike jorg..... :mrgreen:

Very nice bike indead Jorg.Infact the twin brother to mine (and joes).I wont post a PIC and high jack your thread,but you can check out my album to see it.

The '83 1100 in one of the finest touring bikes ever made.You will be very pleased with it.There are a lot of cool bikes Id like to get my hands on,but Id be lost with out my nobel steed.Its like a buick,a little fuddy duddy at first,but comfortable as a sofa and you just cant wear it out.

WELCOME to the forum

Thanks for the welcome all.
I looked endlessly at Goldwings and settled on the 83 as my favorite. I know they all have their strong points but for me the 1100's still have the look of a classic bike with destinct tank, fairing, bags, while still serving up a lot of comfort. If you had told me 30 years ago that I would be riding a Goldwing I would have laughed at you. :)

Jorg

89-300ce":2l0ejlog said:
Thanks for the welcome all.
I looked endlessly at Goldwings and settled on the 83 as my favorite. I know they all have their strong points but for me the 1100's still have the look of a classic bike with destinct tank, fairing, bags, while still serving up a lot of comfort. If you had told me 30 years ago that I would be riding a Goldwing I would have laughed at you. :)

Jorg

Same here. Times change as do we.

Latest posts