New to wings

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newinger

Reaction score
and enthusiastic!!

Great forum and glad to be a member. Old to bikes, new to wings. Been looking for a while and just bought a very clean 1983 standard. Looking forward to the season and learning all its idiocyncracies.

Welcome to the CGW Forums, newinger!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Thx guys. Going to take me a week or so to get pix and put them up -- but I certainly will. I'll be doing a few of the basics: tires, fluids, belt and whatever else it might need. Sat for a while and saw light use most of its life. Second owner rode it some last year but in all, it's done a lot of sitting. Pretty clean and all stock, except for some bling.

Welcome from Florida newinger :wave: The 83 Standard was a great choice :clapping: A friend had an 83 full dress Aspencade. The digital dashboard gave him alot of problems :rant: I own an 81 Interstate that is based in Fl. I have ridden that old girl to California twice . She has never let me down :moped: :yahoo: I keep my 82 Standard in Maine . It is much quicker than the full dress :rocks: They are both bullet proof machines that I have enjoyed for many thousands of miles :Egyptian: Honda wanted to create the King of Motorcycles when they created the Gold Wing :music: :party: :cool!: ......... Mission Accomplished :salute:

That's great to hear and exactly what I bought this one for. I'll keep it pretty much stock, but intend to ride it. I remember when Honda introduced these bikes and recall thinking the engineering Honda packed into them things was incredible. IMO that's still true today, 30+ years later. This one only has 11,xxx miles on it and I'll be riding it for years to come. IMO, these things are as undervalued as most new bikes are overpriced.

Welcome from SoCal. I too have an 83 Interstate. Mine has a few more miles on her than yours, but she still gets the looks and the "nice bike" compliments, even from the Harley crowd.

Mark

:music: :clapping: :hi: Welcome, these guys on here are still the greatest buch I've ever hear from in any forum :moped: :Egyptian: Pete S from Enola.Pa