Newbie from Maryland (DELMARVA)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timothy1027

Reaction score
I am currently restoring my 2nd Honda GoldWing (a 1983 GL1100-Interstate). I can't seem to stay away from these bikes. I have acquired many years of experience & training in cycle mechanics (since 1974). So far, I have owned 33 motor vehicles in my lifetime (I've kept records). This GL1100 is my 11th motorcycle, my 12th Honda. I've also owned several Honda Civics. GREAT cars! I like Honda design, quality & durability. I have recently learned (from the Web) that Honda GoldWing people are very organized and ubiquitous, WORLDWIDE. This is very interesting to me. Tim

:smilie_happy: Welcome aboard! Not sure where ya got the info about wing owners being organized but they obviously never heard of me. :smilie_happy:

timothy1027":umfeazkj said:
I am currently restoring my 2nd Honda GoldWing (a 1983 GL1100-Interstate). I can't seem to stay away from these bikes. I have acquired many years of experience & training in cycle mechanics (since 1974). So far, I have owned 33 motor vehicles in my lifetime (I've kept records). This GL1100 is my 11th motorcycle, my 12th Honda. I've also owned several Honda Civics. GREAT cars! I like Honda design, quality & durability. I have recently learned (from the Web) that Honda GoldWing people are very organized and ubiquitous, WORLDWIDE. This is very interesting to me. Tim
Hello Tim and welcome from So Cal. :hi: you'll find great info & friends here :yes: Welcome aboard. :rocks:

Hey Tim, how's it going there fella, I ain't no mechanic but I get some good ideas from time to time..Lot's of these guy's here are awesome mechanic's ...welcome to the site...

Welcome Tim, your knowledge and input of goldwings would be very helpful
to others on this site.
Welcome again to the forum, glade to have you aboard. :wave: :wave: :wave:

Welcome to the CGW Forums, Tim!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Thanks for the warm welcome wagon! :)
What I meant by "organized" was like: All collected onto a common Web site where they compare notes, locations, give each other technical advice, trade pics & stories, describe experiences, solve problems, etc... :)

I tried to post a pic several times. This Web site apparently has a bug. Pic uploading is not working. I get an error message (pasted) as follows:
"The website cannot display the page
HTTP 500
Most likely causes:
•The website is under maintenance.
•The website has a programming error.
What you can try:
Refresh the page.
Go back to the previous page.
More information"
--------------------
Suggestions anyone?
Thanks,
Tim

I just uploaded this picture as an attachment

IMG_0904.JPG

And again into the gallery, no problems.

Your problem could be a number of things, least likely is a problem with the forum because attachments and gallery images are uploaded and displayed by others regularly with no problems, at least not that I hear about.

Things to try are
a different browser
clear the browser cache (very likely the cause)
a different image
a image that is a smaller file size

mcgovern61":14pqkssr said:
I sure hope thats a parts bike Dan!

That's an old pic, pretty sure it's of the parts bike.
I think I took it because someone was asking to see the angle of the clutch linkage, something like that.

I cleared the browser cache, and still got the same error message.
I rebooted my PC and all apps, still the same.
I am using MSIE 9.0 which works fine on every other Web site, including those with many types of graphics and a wide range of multimedia.
The pic I am trying to upload is about 2 MB in size. This site is supposed to handle pics up to 4 MB in size.
Tim
-----------------
dan filipi":2kdm1ixh said:
I just uploaded this picture as an attachment

And again into the gallery, no problems.

Your problem could be a number of things, least likely is a problem with the forum because attachments and gallery images are uploaded and displayed by others regularly with no problems, at least not that I hear about.

Things to try are
a different browser
clear the browser cache (very likely the cause)
a different image
a image that is a smaller file size

Well so far timothy the only thing we know for sure is your getting that error uploading a picture.

Are you attaching the image like I did with the first picture or are you uploading it to the gallery?

Have you tried a different browser?

I am trying to upload to the Gallery.
Which browser do you use?
----
dan filipi":18ofkdk6 said:
Well so far timothy the only thing we know for sure is your getting that error uploading a picture.

Are you attaching the image like I did with the first picture or are you uploading it to the gallery?

Have you tried a different browser?

I use Google Chrome usually but uploads to the gallery have been fine when I just tried I.E 9.

I just realized what might be happening is if your uploading more than 4-5 at a time sometimes the software will error.
Try just one upload at a time.

Latest posts