Odd stuff on profiles....

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bk2valve

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So when I am viewing posts, there are some weird hieroglyphs under everyones profile pics....there are a varying number of little boxes and in each there is the number 26 over the numbers 05. Obviously there should be something else there but ....whut???? :help:
Brian

You do not see a box with the member's "rank"? Like this one, which is under your profile pic?
ActiveMemberGoldYellow.png

There should be a row of stars ★★★★, and then the
ActiveMemberGoldYellow.png
(or whatever rank the member is) under that showing for everyone's profile..
What browser are you using, and what OS version?(Internet Explorer/Windows 7, or, Firefox/Windows XP, etc)
Is anyone else having this issue? :laptop:

I was gonna suggest taking a screenshot, too....
I logged out, and logged back in as my alter ego, and everything looked normal. Then I logged out and back in using IE, and still everything looked "normal"....don't think it is a browser issue...

Screenshot = "Print Screen", or "PrtScr" on your keyboard...

When you hit the "PrtScr", you'll need to go into your "Paint" program, then hit "Paste". Then save that image somewhere(in your "My Pictures" file, then you can upload it from there.

bwoogie":3ocaxmjz said:
I was gonna suggest taking a screenshot, too....
I logged out, and logged back in as my alter ego, and everything looked normal. Then I logged out and back in using IE, and still everything looked "normal"....don't think it is a browser issue...

Yes and I logged out then into a test account and everything looks fine.

I attached a couple screen shots in my earlier post what the sidebar profiles should look like.

Gerry, are you seeing the same things as Brian?!? That is weird....

Dan, I think I see what the problem is...I just noticed both Brian and Gerry are in "New" states(Joisey and Mexico)..... :smilie_happy: :mrgreen:

Sorry...I was just looking to see if there was anything common between the two, and that's all I saw...I know it don't mean squat, but I had to point it out... :Doh2:

It's late....nap time for Bonzo... :lazy:

I'm sure that's what it must be, Joel :Doh2:

I talked to my Son about it, amazing how much he knows about this stuff.

Turns out what's probably happening is those stars are actually a font him and I copied from a site, they are not image files.
Because they're fonts, if your computer does not have that star font installed you'll see the boxes (or something else random).
Why Brian was seeing numbers we're not sure but what I'll do is replace the star fonts with actual images,
that otter fix it :laptop:

Hi guys, I am using Windows XP and the latest updated Firefox as a browser if that helps any. I sometimes get emails from folks with attachments I can't open or if I do what shows is a mix of letters and numbesr...esp. EML attachments...
I am wondering if ,since I still have XP, stuff is passing me by??????

I have XP/Firefox on the laptop at the shop, and no problems with the stars or anything. Dan's(son's) explanation makes perfect sense.