Oil Pressure sender Thread

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianstaley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, does any one know the thread size on the oil pressure send hole 8 or 10 mm or is it an Imperial or American thread? Appreciate it if some one can tell me.

Ian

I was able to thread a 1/8" NPT fitting in but it wasn't an exact fit. I used Teflon tape on the threads, didn't leak at all.
I've since put the sender back and it still threads in fine.

Its eighth jap imperial pipe,which has a 3/8-28 thread versus american pipe tap which is 3/8-27 thread.edelman makes a brass adapter that will thread into the engine and you can buy a sending unit for an older american car with eighth inch pipe thread to plug into the adapter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ian,since my last post on this,i bought the adapter and a chevy vega oil pressure switch and it works great

I bought that particular switch because i was using an electric fuel pump,it has 3 posts on it,1 for the op lite and 2 to run the fuel pump wiring in line with the pump

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=160967#p160967:2yjb3c6a said:
Dusterdude » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:32 am[/url]":2yjb3c6a]
I bought that particular switch because i was using an electric fuel pump,it has 3 posts on it,1 for the op lite and 2 to run the fuel pump wiring in line with the pump

See now that is smart thinking kill two birds with one stone. Only problem I have is when I search for edelman I get a PR company. Still there is always a way to defeat any problem. And which fuel pump did you use, as I am going to fit two Webber type IDE carbs, so pretty sure they will need an electric fuel pump as they are well above the bottom of the fuel tank.
:thanks:

Look up ep8012s fuel pumps on ebay,i bought one of them,cant find the exact one right now

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=160967#p160967:3dztm08c said:
Dusterdude » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:32 pm[/url]":3dztm08c]
Smart move having a safety circuit on your electric fuel pump :good:

the exact thread size is 3/8-28.its british standard thread.you can buy an adapter fron the bsp to npt thread so you can use a npt sender.btw,the npt thread is 3/8-27

Latest posts