Old guy with old Broken Wing....

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOWl lots of help on here for the LAD that lives on the other side ,, we hope that you got it going by now.. all the post are from last year... I do have a 82 model for parts,,, it is really all complete except what I have taken off and put on mine.. Did you ever get the master cylinder for yours..???????

Jwilly? Jon, James?? I am still into restoring the bike, and I have made quite a few contributions since then. My wife has had some health issues and it is cold here in Yorkshire, no snow like there in the states but cold non the less. My garage is a good 5 minute walk from my home here, no heat and no electricity, saying that I have at last got my generator working after sitting for nigh on 3 years, turned over ok but nothing, didn't even try to cough into life. So had to bring it back home, swapped out the spark plug, took off the carb, no problems there, just a good blow out and took the filter off and squirted in some WD40 a few pulls later and chug chug chug back to life. I was almost certain that I would have to get another, saved me some money there. So state of things here, I now have a donated gas lpg fire in the lock up and also some limited electricity.

Going to put some shelving up on the walls and get the floor cleared to work on the bike. I have a slightly used new exhaust for her (on here is another thread with that info) which I have polished ready for the day, managed to get some parts together also, I got two used but working front brake cylinders for a gent in Canada, a brand new master and lever from Germany cheap. I have some very special gauges from VDO called Cockpit Royale for the replacements on the false tank.

On the bike she has had a lot striped off, Carb rack is off and most of the electrics are also hanging loose, it is my intention that she will be stripped out in the next month and a half, I already have my Single but duel choke Webber carb ready to be converted to single carb, see elsewhere on here for LOTS more info. I am about to recover the dummy tank top cover which I will be doing something on this week or weekend. Taking loads of pictures for the build thread that has been started but not updated yet.

So your statement of WOW is entirely down to the enthusiasm of our fellow members on her and a few other forums, there is more knowledge here over our bikes on this and the other forums than even Honda has. We belong to one of the very best forums regarding our bikes so support the forum give a donation it will be the best money you ever spent.

Ian :thanks: Oh I forgot, no so much of the Lad, at 62 I haven't been called that for a LONG time. :yahoo: