Old wing wins trophy

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daljaz

Reaction score
I entered my newly painted yellow '84 Aspencade in a local motorcycle show, competing mostly with Harleys. I won 1st place in the antique class which surprised me since the show was sponsored by the local Harley dealer. I guess even they know quality when they see it :yes:

Attachments

• goldwing trophy 005.jpg
    goldwing trophy 005.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 200
Real nice bike you have there. It is hard to think of them as antiques or even classics but it is true. They deserve the recognition, especially one as nice as yours.
:salute:

slabghost":3aubh00m said:
Congratulations! Mine won't win any contests. :whistling:

I hear ya... i doubt mine would either unless there is a most modified class :mrgreen:

Or the most Ugly bike class :smilie_happy:

new specs

most ugly ----big As 82

most mess with----joedrum mongruel...right now in a big tub

most wanted ----dave where are you

loudest knock----king dan and the 83

most jelious bike ....rons 82----secretly causeing problems for the 83 that moved in

twisted sisters-----slabghost 80-81 wings

all kinds of bikes around here there are many more chuckle awards around here :hihihi: and yes that 1200 is pretty and what a place to get first place :good: :mrgreen:

:Egyptian: That's outstanding your bike look's better than new :music: :music: I start rubbing mine out today after getting her repainted. I just hope me 83I comes out as good :clapping:.

"Antique" is defined differently for different objects...antique furniture is usually something that is at least 100 years old. Antique cars are normally 50 years old or older.
Now....CLASSIC...that's US! At least 25 years old!
No matter what ya call it, it's a nice bike, and CONGRATS on the win...especially since you were going up against a bunch of Hogs!
smiley30.gif

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Great job

I belong to a vintage "japenese" motorcycle club.It seems the old wings come out of the wood work.There such great bikes they stay around forever and are every bit as reliable as any modern bike.

joedrum":2yi6eswq said:
new specs

most ugly ----big As 82

most mess with----joedrum mongruel...right now in a big tub

most wanted ----dave where are you

loudest knock----king dan and the 83

most jelious bike ....rons 82----secretly causeing problems for the 83 that moved in

twisted sisters-----slabghost 80-81 wings

all kinds of bikes around here there are many more chuckle awards around here :hihihi: and yes that 1200 is pretty and what a place to get first place :good: :mrgreen:
Joe...I do have some pictures of the Mongruel in the tub:
IMG_1776.JPG
IMG_1777.JPG
IMG_1778.JPG