Only took 5 years

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lopeha

Reaction score
After lots of blood, sweat, tears & more $$ than I want to count up I'm finally got my '83 done. Now to just ride & enjoy.

Attachments

• “Orange Blossom Special” 3.JPG
    “Orange Blossom Special” 3.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 396
Verrrrry Nice! :clapping:

Don't see too many '83's with the full Vetter package. (Original headlight or upgraded lamp?)

Couple weeks ago, I had my buddy take my bike out at night to get an opinion from him after I lowered my triple tree and I was pleasantly surpised at how well those Vetter marker lights (in the turn signals) light up at night! Even from a distance of 1/4 mile away, they were real bright and easy to see!

Will do a wrtie up next weekend, headed out on my run job in a few minutes. Thanks to all for the compliments, Andy.

Sweeeeet!! :yahoo:
I'm not very fond of orange as a color to begin with, but that looks really nice!! Not too much, but just right. All the other little details make the bike as a whole stunning! I like the detail on the valve covers... :good:

Thanks to all for the KUDOS! The Wing started as a Black GL1100 Standard with Hondaline fairing, bags & trunk but also came with the Vetter so for me it was a no-brainer to swap to the Vetter. Rode it pretty much stock for 3 years then 2 years ago got the itch to do some changing. Had it painted Pearl Orange with gold metalflake & found a powdercoater locally that did the valve covers, timing belt covers, intake runners, carb covers, radiator grill, air wings & luggage rack in Gloss Black. Had the chin spoiler done in Orange & the engine guards done in Black Chrome (looks dark pewter to me). Changed the stock fuel pump out for an electric bought at the local auto parts store & put a reset switch from a Ford pickup inline for tip-over protection. Changed the stock coils out for a MSD coil for a Dodge Neon, made a big difference! Installed HEL Stainless brake lines (I'm a dealer for them) front & rear & eliminated the integrated system. Added the MOTAD Stainless exhaust system 2 years ago. Just got the wheels done with Gloss Black in the inner parts & the spoke edges & outer rim in Candy Orange. Now to find time to do some riding!

My next project is a 1993 GL1500 I picked up real reasonable that will get some powdercoating, stainless brake & clutch lines, new rubber front & rear, J&M CB2003DU & a paint job.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1007678821 ... 73euf2xFg#