Other bikes

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlslick

Reaction score
Seeing the Trail 90 on another post made me want to show you guys my cosmetically challenged 1969 CT90. It goes to the mailbox most days and on the trails behind my house whenever I can.

Attachments

• 69CT90.JPG
    69CT90.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 245
Those little trail bikes are so cool.
I had a step through scooter the neighbor affectionately called a "turbo". I think it was orange.
It had the glass float bowl which was cracked and always leaked gas.
Funny in those days we didn't have an extra dime so I tried everything to seal that bowl but then one time I over tightened the flip over clamp that holds it on and it shattered.
I need to get a simple little project bike like that to tinker with.

Going to a large horders auction tomorow that has quit a few of the CT90s and 70s and dozens of other bikes.
Also many cars tractors,guns,lawnmowers,boat motors,boats and a ton of other crap.
Hoping to bring home another project.

www.vkauctions.com "The unbelievable estate of R.J. Potter"

I've got an old Yamama 400 out in one of my buildings(at least I think it's still there). Mama keeps asking if I could get it out and get it runnin for her. I doubt it's even worth messin with. It's been stored since at least '92, and it dint run then....

Tory said:
Going to a large horders auction tomorow that has quit a few of the CT90s and 70s and dozens of other bikes.
Also many cars tractors,guns,lawnmowers,boat motors,boats and a ton of other crap.

https://www.vkauctions.com "The unbelievable estate of R.J. Potter"[/quote

That is quite a listing.. you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a gem to work on there.

LorneG":13sgalx1 said:
Tory":13sgalx1 said:

https://www.vkauctions.com "The unbelievable estate of R.J. Potter"[/quote

That is quite a listing.. you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a gem to work on there.

If its true that the guy who dies with the most toys wins this guy has my vote !! You WIN RJ

Well R.J. may seemed to have won,but his survivers are the true winners.
That auction brought extremely high bids.Good for some but tough to buy.Collectors came from afar and brought there check books.
I quicky lowered my expectations to a 200 twinstar that had not been licensed since 87 but lost out to others who had no logic.$600.00 for a twinstar that don't run and has no title is insane.

I did get a box of old license plates and a pair of nice BMW saddlebags for a friend and a couple other odds and ends just to justify the day.

Boy, if a non running, no title, Twinstar was bid up to $600 that wasn't my kind of auction either. I bet the good stuff really went high.

Well I must admit I would have traveled a long way for that auction, No doubt every parts dealer in the area would be there.!
Too bad it didn't rain :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This is another other bike I have right now. It is all original except I put some lower bars on it and I recovered the seat.

Attachments

• DSCF2190.JPG
    DSCF2190.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 126
Yep,,, everybody had a 350 honda. This 450 is a bit harder to find as a scrambler. Plenty of CB 450 a but not many CLs

joedrum":2q8b2hy4 said:
me too didnt everybody have a 350 honda
Not me.

I've had a 50, 125, 2-250's. A 360, 500, and the 1100 now.
I think I had a 70 something also, too much beer consumed to remember for sure.
Wish I still had them all.

Amen on wish I had them all but when you think about it, if you had them all what would you do with them? I started having too many and couldnt keep them all maintained. I am trying to only have as many as I can keep running and ride occassionally. I am selling one of the GoldWings to a friend that I know will keep it up and probably make it better than I have. I am good at getting them running but not so good at cleaning and making them look pretty. I would rather ride them.
:moped: