Pismo April 3rd anyone?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually we got out of there paying less than $400.
I'm not sure how that happened, he told me over $600 yesterday I wasn't going to argue.

We could meet up at your place if you like Ron or call you when we get close to Pismo.

scdmarx":37kpqk4t said:
mcgovern61":37kpqk4t said:
but I'm sure they are saying "WOW, nice bike!" or something like that.)

Or "this is a one way street, you idiot!". :Doh2:
I don't know what the problem was.... I was only going one way! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Not going thru the Solvang area,,,; keeping on 154 straight on to thru, back to the 101... do know about the Solvang JAM.
Not fun,,,, last time was on the Wing, which over heated..Memorial Day weekend... probably wouldn't overheat now that it is fixed...we were camped at Live Oak by Lake Cachuma. WE would go to the Motorcycle museum, and Virgil, (owner) would take a few bikes out into the courtyard and fire them up.... boy was it noisy.... then we would go to the Mendenhaul which is in Buellton.. it is open on special occasions..cars, old gas station stuff, old lakesters, and other neat stuff.. Last stop was at a winery and then back to camp... Had to go thru the bumper to bumper traffic until we got to Solvang and then the rest of the way was a snap... Do not know the 1 from the 101 thru Lompoc.....

sidecarsusie":24sytflh said:
Not going thru the Solvang area,,,; keeping on 154 straight on to thru, back to the 101...
Do not know the 1 from the 101 thru Lompoc.....

If you do not take the 246 turn off through Solvang, and continue on 154 to the 101, then you will have to back track (101 south) to Buellton and catch the 246 west to Lompoc. From Lompoc you'd take the 1 through Vandenburg, and through the back side of Santa Maria, Guadalupe, Nipomo, and into the Oceano/Pismo area. You won't see the ocean untill you get to Pismo, but it's a beautiful drive.

I used to drive the AMTRAK bus from Paso Robles to Santa Barbara, and on the flip flop Solvang, Buellton, Lompoc, Guadalupe, Santa Maria and Arroyo Grande were among my stops.

If you decide to go that way, you won't be dissapointed. Although, all these roads are a good ride, so anyway you pick will be enjoyable.

Don't remeber exactly, but I think I'm an hour and a half from Buellton. I got all morning to meet you somewhere. Just let me know what you decide.

Was thinking of picking up the 1 out of Santa Barbara about 25 miles past Golita and not take the 154... adds about 20 to 25 miles to Pismo...

sidecarsusie":3hw18m68 said:
Was thinking of picking up the 1 out of Santa Barbara about 25 miles past Golita and not take the 154... adds about 20 to 25 miles to Pismo...

Cool, in that case I can meet you at the bridge right after you go through the tunnel.
I've never taken that turn off before, so it will be uncharted area for me as well. :music:

scdmarx":1mhqtwvv said:
sidecarsusie":1mhqtwvv said:

Cool, in that case I can meet you at the bridge right after you go through the tunnel.
I've never taken that turn off before, so it will be uncharted area for me as well. :music:

Is that where the turn off is... makes it easier to find... is that the same turn off for Jalama Beach? If so, think I traveled that way once in the dark ages, but that is another story....

Need to clear it with Dan.... We will be headed up that way again on the 23rd of April for a sidecar day in the park
in Paso Robles.

HAve driven both for many years.. going through Goleta and through the tunnel to Buellton is okay... there is the grade after the tunnel that maight be fast and fun... if you go by Solvang and not turn you go pass Los Olivos .. that is the way I used to run from Oxnard to Nipomo/Arroyo Grande.. .. now if you go 101 you can exit at Nipomo and go left it will bring you out at Grover Beach... and then a couple miles into Pismo...

sidecarsusie":1miapluf said:
Is that where the turn off is... makes it easier to find... is that the same turn off for Jalama Beach? If so, think I traveled that way once in the dark ages, but that is another story....

No, it won't take you to Jamala. This will take you over the hill to Lompoc. I think you're talking about the road from Gaviota Beach that follows the train tracks. I don't know how much time it would eat up to go that way. I really gotta take that road sometime. Just because, y'know.

scdmarx":2osxbi29 said:
sidecarsusie":2osxbi29 said:

Sounds like a plan Ron, we'll meet you at the bridge.
Brent and I will meet up with Susie at the Roxford exit Denny's at 8AM then head out.
I'm not sure what time we'll get to the bridge, 10-10:30? Does that sound about right Susie?

dan filipi":1pckef2s said:
scdmarx":1pckef2s said:
sidecarsusie":1pckef2s said:

Sounds like a plan Ron, we'll meet you at the bridge.
Brent and I will meet up with Susie at the Roxford exit Denny's at 8AM then head out.
I'm not sure what time we'll get to the bridge, 10-10:30? Does that sound about right Susie?

More like 10:30, give or take a few...it is 136 miles and we need to gas up in Carpenteria.

That was my daughter Michelle with the camera. Not very steady, but it was her first time doing tricks on the back of the bike and it's hard to hold the camera still in all that wind. I think we may need a smaller camera.

Dan had an embarrassing moment, but Michelle didn't realize the camera battery was dead, so Dan will skate on this one. :music:

Some stills from the Pismo adventure.

Attachments

• DSC04578e.jpg
    DSC04578e.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC04579e.jpg
    DSC04579e.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC04580e.jpg
    DSC04580e.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC04581e.jpg
    DSC04581e.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC04584e.jpg
    DSC04584e.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 77
scdmarx":3p4ocic4 said:
That was my daughter Michelle with the camera. Not very steady, but it was her first time doing tricks on the back of the bike and it's hard to hold the camera still in all that wind. I think we may need a smaller camera.

Dan had an embarrassing moment, but Michelle didn't realize the camera battery was dead, so Dan will skate on this one. :music:

Awe, I think Brent was looking forward to posting that for his friends to see, getting tossed 3 feet in the air LOL!
Him and Michelle got along well, he said he wants to go for sure the next time we ride together.

Thanks for doing all the camera work and editing, nice work!

Latest posts