Prayer request for a friend

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanlw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bill's wreck.jpg
Requesting prayer request for a friend of mine. He had an accident in Midland, TX on a Goldwing trike yesterday with a tow truck. Last word I got is that he is in intensive care facing multiple surgeries. He had several breaks on his left side, collapsed lung and could possibly lose his leg. Attached is the newspaper photo of the accident. The good Lord knows we all need to be careful out there.

Ouch....hope he makes it thru with a little damage as possible....
I recognize that area....trucks pull out in front of traffic all the time around there.... :crying:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=139990#p139990:m7za6a6x said:
AApple » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:17 pm[/url]":m7za6a6x]
Ouch....hope he makes it thru with a little damage as possible....
I recognize that area....trucks pull out in front of traffic all the time around there.... :crying:

You are so right, Joel. With the oil field booming in our area, including Midland and Odessa, people are just crazy on the roads. There is a traffic fatality almost every day there.
I just got an update on him. The doctor is pretty sure that he will lose his left leg. The femur was pulverized and there is very little of it left. His lungs have collapsed several times and they just took him back into surgery for internal bleeding.

News report":13fbytx5 said:
MIDLAND- One man is in critical condition at Midland Memorial Hospital after his motorcycle collided with a truck near S. Co. Rd 1260.

According to DPS Troopers, the driver of a towing truck was backing into his business when the crash happened.

No name has been released, and DPS Troopers are still trying to determine what happened.

Really?!? :shock: How the hell do you BACK over the front end of a bike going perpendicular to you with the FRONT end of your truck???? :nea:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=140043#p140043:2ffpkgd0 said:
AApple » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:30 pm[/url]":2ffpkgd0]
News report":2ffpkgd0 said:
MIDLAND- One man is in critical condition at Midland Memorial Hospital after his motorcycle collided with a truck near S. Co. Rd 1260.

According to DPS Troopers, the driver of a towing truck was backing into his business when the crash happened.

No name has been released, and DPS Troopers are still trying to determine what happened.

Really?!? :shock: How the hell do you BACK over the front end of a bike going perpendicular to you with the FRONT end of your truck???? :nea:
I was wondering that myself. And if you look at the grill you can tell where Bill's body hit. This is probably one of the safest riders I have ever ridden with. He could have been distracted, but... More than likely the truck driver just pulled forward rapidly and "didn't see" the guy on the bike.

Ya know...that whole area down there is all industrial, with fairly large pull in areas....no reason I know of for backing in to any of those businesses. Damn shame. Hope they can get him fixed up soon. I know he's in bad shape, but sure hoping for the best. :beg:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=140046#p140046:38vsdnpw said:
AApple » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:50 pm[/url]":38vsdnpw]
Ya know...that whole area down there is all industrial, with fairly large pull in areas....no reason I know of for backing in to any of those businesses. Damn shame. Hope they can get him fixed up soon. I know he's in bad shape, but sure hoping for the best. :beg:
Thanks Joel. It means a lot. They got the internal bleeding stopped, tears in the liver and spleen, but today they were going to do surgery on his arm. He's in rough shape, I just hope he survives.

Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts for my friend Bill. The latest is that they finally moved him out of ICU to a private room and started physical therapy. He has had his broken and leaky parts repaired. He had to have bone grafts in his leg, but it may be a month or more before we know if the graft will take. Unfortunately, about 18 hours ago he had to moved back to ICU due to his oxygen levels dropping. Please continue to keep him in your prayers and Thank you for being there! :thanks: