radio noise 82 gl1100

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpwinger

Reaction score
Hi all radio noise on 82 1100. the plug I'm runing ngk dpr8ea-9 I think they are a reistior plug but have a lot of noise on radio. Could it be bad plug caps or something else. I haven't looked at caps yet but bike runs fine. Seems to have good spark at all plugs. What should I be looking at.

check any radio store. I believe they still sell a capacitor to on the radio wiring to eliminate that.

well down at radio shack talking to the owner (fellow biker and friend) he says lets take a look at it. We go out side I start bike so he could hear the noise. THEN I have a very STUPID moment radio was on AM he pushes button to switch to FM and noise stops and radio sounds ok for a 20 or 30 year old Kraco radio. One of those STUPID monents you hate to have.

It is really hard to get rid of all the noise on the antiques. The best luck I had is when at sierra electronics they told me to route the antennae through the bike as far away from the coils and carbs as possible. This did help with my noise but some is still thee.

Yes anrenna is at rear of bike. Long wire to radio. I also found FM amp in right pocket on vetter faring. I had false shelter off last fall may not have routed wire the same as it was. I was just trying radio to see if it worked only had radio on with engine off. Bike was a garage find had to free up stuck carbs, front and rear calipers and derust tank. After getting it to run right and stop right I put new tiers on it. Now I think I would ride it any where. Runs great Jerry

Hey V the 77 or 82 test drive them as far as you want their both ready for the road and their both acting like they want to go.

Latest posts