Randakk's oil adaptor and Scott's SS oil filter

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joecool

Reaction score
I have an 83 Interstate with a Randakk spin on adaptor ,( which by the way is awesome), I see that Scott's makes a stainless steel spin on oil filter (#S-4) that fits that 3/4" thread size. Has anyone used that filter on the Randakk adaptor yet and if so does it leak?

Hey Joe cool, can you post some cool photo's for us to see...thanks,,, that would be nice of you..

I just use a Fram 3614 on mine, that way I buy the same filter as my Toyota truck. :good:

bikepics-2026609-full.jpg

Wow , now how cool is that, does this mean anyone that walks by can turn it by hand if they don't like bikers..I'm gonna have to think about a change like that before I do it..But that's probably not likely to happen so its a great idea..Thanks for the picture...Joe cool is this what yours likes like?

No one's going to bother it, no more than my Magna that has a spin on (stock) in the same place.

MSGT-R":eitlufzu said:
No one's going to bother it, no more than my Magna that has a spin on (stock) in the same place.
I would hope not, if I ever caught someone messing with my bike, I'd have to say to them please don't do that.. I'll tell them to go away so something serious like that, I might call them a bad name or something..... :music3:

littlebeaver":33b6lczs said:
MSGT-R":33b6lczs said:
I would hope not, if I ever caught someone messing with my bike, I'd have to say to them please don't do that.. I'll tell them to go away so something serious like that, I might call them a bad name or something..... :music3:

:smilie_happy:

littlebeaver":2men8aqg said:
MSGT-R":2men8aqg said:
Would that be before or after you beat them silly with the first thing handy? :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Yup, I would tend to favor the up-close-and-personal approach if I saw something like that..

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=28660#p28660:2xa0g2u9 said:
littlebeaver » June 13th, 2011, 2:13 pm[/url]":2xa0g2u9]
Wow , now how cool is that, does this mean anyone that walks by can turn it by hand if they don't like bikers..I'm gonna have to think about a change like that before I do it..But that's probably not likely to happen so its a great idea..Thanks for the picture...Joe cool is this what yours likes like?
Over the years I've come to be amazed just how much no one ever screws with my bike/stuff when it's totally vulnerable. I've always worried most that someone will wander by drunk and steal my helmet...now that I got the 'Wing it's not really a thought, cuz I can lock everything up.
More to the point, yeah I'd be pretty shocked if someone had the audacity to yank a filter just to be a jerk. I'd stand up for a stranger if I saw that happening... :Doh2:
I haven't had the filter adapter on long, but I can say from the first time installing a new filter, I like it. More long term opinions to come!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=28710#p28710:2wb17k3z said:
slabghost » June 14th, 2011, 7:16 am[/url]":2wb17k3z]
littlebeaver":2wb17k3z said:
MSGT-R":2wb17k3z said:
Would that be before or after you beat them silly with the first thing handy? :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
notion seconded! :rant: :whip: