Randakk's spin-on oil filter adaptor...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joecool

Reaction score
Man that is a cool adaptor ! I love things that just fit well and actually do what they claim to do.
Anybody know if the Napa#1348 filter holds the same amount of oil as the old drop in cartridge did? 1983 Goldwing GL1100I.

I don't know. I am familiar with the 1348 filter, and if I had to guess, I'd think the canister would be capable of holding just a tad more by design. But I'm thinking it's gonna be pretty close.

Thanks SCDMARX......your the only one who actually answered my question.

Well, it's almost an impossible question to answer, outside of trial and error. The only way to know for sure is to try it and see what it takes. Aside from that, the closest guess might be to fill them both and see how much they will hold when saturated. But I think it will be close.

Now go get a dipstick kit from JC Whitney.

I use a 3614 on mine since I already buy them for my Tacoma. I love interchangable parts!

Just saw this posting. :blush: Someone somewhere cut out the straight section of the tube for the dip stick. 2 clamp's, & a piece of clear tubing on a short piece of the dip stick pipe re clamped to the bracket. Gives you a way to see where you are at with oil level, at a glance. :builder:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=160440#p160440:2bp1cinz said:
Denver » Today, 10:01 am[/url]":2bp1cinz]
Just saw this posting. :blush: Someone somewhere cut out the straight section of the tube for the dip stick. 2 clamp's, & a piece of clear tubing on a short piece of the dip stick pipe re clamped to the bracket. Gives you a way to see where you are at with oil level, at a glance. :builder:
That was me.
Worked very well on the 1100.
I think there are pics in my gallery.