rear shock question

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpwinger

Reaction score
Hi all. I just disassenbled a rear shock on my 80 1100. And my question is.How many STOCK springs one or two. Inner and outer??? This shock has 2 springs. I am wanting to do the upgrade with progressive springs because bike is heavily loaded most of the time. So maybe DO I already have progressives by po. I haven't ordered the progressive yet, just playing with a spare set that came on bike.The part fitches I've looked at don't show springs, also the rubber damper that they bottom out on is mostly goo. Can't even tell what it is supposed look like. What could I make another with. Info would be appreciated very much. Jerry

Two springs are stock. The Progressive springs are a slightly larger wire thickness/cross-section. The bump-stop was also gone in mine. I found a delrin type grommet to put back in mine...don't know how long it will survive, but I'm also not gunna tear them back apart to see if they're still there. :hihihi:

I've got some pics loaded on my Photobucket page with comparisons of the two spring sets, and some other stuff....

Guess I should transfer them here to my gallery....someday... :doh:

Latest posts