Round to square headlight conversion!!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdog910

Reaction score
just to let you guys know i have finally compleated my headlight conversion. I have an 82 asp. and i hated that round headlight. I took a headlight assy. off of an 84 or 85 and with only a dremell tool and 4 bolts i put it in. it was surprizingly easy and looks stock . I will post some pics tomorrow when its daylight.

sorry for the long reply but here are the pics! anyone need any help doing this let me know. i also relocated the headlight beam control to the right side of the inner fairing. looks good

Attachments

• IMAG0056.jpg
    IMAG0056.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 215
  • IMAG0057.jpg
    IMAG0057.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 216
OK ok ok, where's the write up? Where's the detailed pictures. I like it. WHere's the Sticky?

:thanks: Where did you get the headlight? Do you think you could get some pics of it in bright daylight sometime when it is convenient?

i got the headlight off ebay, its off of an 85 i just took the corner lights off of it, they just unbolt, then its just a plain square headlight with the controls for the beam. the only thing is that you need to fill in the space between the top of the light and the honda fairing cover. i took a piece of aluminium door jam strip that you get at the hardware store 2.50$ and cut a piece off, turns out its a perfect fit and looks like the fairing cover, so it blends in. all in all it cost me 35$ for the light and 2.50$ for the door jam..cheep mod.. just a little time involved. Anyway i will do a wright up and get some better picks, and i promise it wont take me a week this time! by the way, i just have to say i love this site!!