saddlebag question

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckII

Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you read my "biketoberfest was fun" post you will note that i busted a hole in my right side saddlebag big enough for a 2 liter bottle to fit thru the bottom of the bag.. at first i thought maybe i just put too much into it but idk

i think it would be way easier to just buy a bag off ebay for 20-40 bucks than to try to rebuild the bottom of it (its missing the entire screw hole part)

im wondering if my markland bag bars might have contributed to it breaking .. im pretty sure they are not square it was a huge PITA getting some of the bolt holes lined up when i put everything back on after rebuilding my rear shocks

I literally had to push and pull on pieces to get it to line up so if i bought another right side bag do you think i should remove the rear bag crash bars, or not put the bottom bolt in that hole ? the little metal mounting strips look fine to me just the chrome part seems like its pushed to the left a bunch until everything is bolted back up to hold it "square"

any input would help

Thanks

Whatever you choose to do. Fix or replace. Either way be sure the mounting holes line up without a bolt so the metal mounts are not stressing the bags.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=162826#p162826:27z2w0sk said:
slabghost » Today, 12:48 pm[/url]":27z2w0sk]
Whatever you choose to do. Fix or replace. Either way be sure the mounting holes line up without a bolt so the metal mounts are not stressing the bags.
+1 Bend the aftermarket parts to line up properly, if not may happen again.