seat question and I sea foamed my carbs

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckII

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I can't get my seat to move it looks like it's all the way forward there is a latch in the false tank next to the gas cap I pushed the spring down in the latch and lift the latch up and nothing can't get the seat to move at all. There are two bolts on each side of the middle of the seat with a rectangle of space about an inch long the bolts are at the front most prt of the space if that makes sense looks like the seat should slide back towards the trunk to me.

I seafoamed my carbs, after running two cans thru the gas tank I decided to run it straight to the carbs. I unhooked my fuel line from the petcock and put a straw on the tube stuck it in the can and ran the bike till the can was empty will let sit overnight see if it helps the idle any and the running overall if not i think I'm going to buy one of the 32/32 dft carbs seems cheaper and simpler than trying to fix 4 31 year old carbs plus It sounds like they have more performance than stock.

Any thoughts and comments welcome

On the seat. loosen or remove the bolts to move it. On the idea of going a single. I think it's far less trouble to go with a single barrel solex. Read some of the dft threads.

I've read most of them jetting and mpg seems to be the biggest issues didn't even see any post on solex carbs don't know if I had to loosen those bolts owners manual was kind of vague just said to lift the latch and move the seat I'll back them off a few turns and try it in the morning

Got the seat moved back feels much better with my long legs every bit helps I guess.

So I cranked my bike this afternoon and after about 400 off and on attempts to crank it, it finally sputtered to life full choke it finally stayed running at around 2200 rpm then after maybe two minutes it sped up to 3750 on its own never done that before I turned off the choke it died as usual since I've got it it never idled so I turned the throttle stop in one turn and now it idles at 1000-1200 ish

Decided to take her for a ride ran better instantly than it ever has, smoked like a mosquito truck for a couple of blocks then cleared up.. While riding it I was trying to clear it out with a few hard throttle shots it would rev hard speed increased fairly quickly and it would start feeling rough making a lot of noise then all of a sudden I thought I blew the motor it smoothed out no noise no roughness and it went from 65 to 90 in a split second in fourth gear .. So that's where I'm at it hits a patch where it runs rough then all of a sudden I better be hanging on cause it takes off like a rocket never drove like this before the seafoam it was a total turd lol my dad had two wings so I know it's not right just not sure what it's problem is but on the plus side it's a hell of a lot smoother and stronger running than it was yesterday.

the 1200 carbs have diaphragms that lift the carb slides. With the progress so far I'd just run atf in the fuel the rest of the season. Be sure the choke linkage ( enrichener) is returned fully and moves easily. Mine sticks occasionally.

6-8 oz for a full tank. I generally just dump a bit in at fillup. If it smokes when I start up next day I'll skip adding at the next tank and just add a bit less next time. My 1200 hasn't seen a tank of fuel without ATF since I got it.