side covers

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve84

Reaction score
today i was riding the old girl home and felt a side cover blow off. has any one ever tethered these on. i was able to recover the side cover undamaged, very lucky steve :yahoo:

They are called "Rudy's Keepers" they are also at NorthAmericanGoldwings.com ... most keepers address used for bag lids.. Rudy set his up for a complete lids and side covers set... here is a link to them... I believe The ones on ngf is also his setup.. he no longer is making them but has transferred the product to someone else to make them...

https://rudysproducts.com/index_store.html

I just drilled a very small hole through the front post and tied a thin nylon twine to it....make sure you have enough twine to rest the side cover on the seat when servicing that area.Mine can loose for the first time this past weekend and the twine worked perfectly and its really cheap. I used "key clips" and wire line for my saddle bag lids and they would work for the side covers also.

Attachments

• connections 002.JPG
    connections 002.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 150
  • connections 001.JPG
    connections 001.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 155

Latest posts