Side stand update for 1100i

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charles franz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to change the side stand electrically, like the vt1100c2, I have bought the stand switch, Has anyone made this change? Electrically will be easy for me, It is the mechanical end that might be a problem, Just thought someone knows an easy trick, I am still on the new side of these Wings, But not scared of a challenge, I will post pics of the single carb and alt changes, they are not complete as yet, The wing is still apart!! Thanks for a GREAT site!! Charlie in NC!

The real mechanical trick is the push to raise the stand...the pull is basically straight forward... a chain and sprocket with sprocket attached to the stand and a smaller one on the motor.. or two interlocking gears with one linked to the stand.. just a quick thought.. what does the vt1100 use?

Joe, I believe that I represented this wrong, I was refering to the sidestand, The vt1100s have a socket that the switch sits in and is controlled by the swing of the stand, It has 1 no and 1 nc contacts,I can probably use a stand off of a 1100 an adapt it to a Wing, I sure do like the safty aspect, I want to use no contact to turn on a lite telling me that I have to raise the stand.

I've seen them mounted on the sidestand bracket. Stand down pushed the switch button. Stand up the button was pushed out by an internal spring.

Some one here did this...put a switch on that would light up with the stand down, as a reminder. Matter of fact....the thread is listed in the "Similar Topics" box at the bottom of the page here!! (See Dan...I TOLD you it would be useful.... :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: )

Side Stand Safety Switch

If you are going to the trouble to put on a side stand switch why not wire it so that the engine stops and won't start with the stand down? My 91 CBR s wired up like that and most new bikes have some form of a similar interlock. I never use my kill switch as the stand does it for me ( unless the bike is pared on top of me) :yes:

Latest posts