Single Carb Setup...(or let the flaming begin! :o) )

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Dan, if you read Randakk's report and are fimilar with the CI set-up and LD's, years prior to vacum advance, 75-79 need to advance their timing some for the carb to run proper! LD's design was based on an 1100 not a 1000 but can work if the timing is advanced some, just like they did for the CI set-up! Hope this helps!! Later, :hi: Bob

Joep":1e6y8nwf said:
Plus the water when heated changes to steam at a 15: 1 ratio and you also get increased torque from the fast expansion

Plus Hydrogen and Oxygen (H2O) are very flammable after enough heat is added to change them to gasses so you can't lose if don't go to far. Never ridden or driven anything with this sort of setup but if you can find space for a water tank and only use deminerized water it should be good.

I ordered my LD setup today (intake, carb, lifetime air filter). I'll post detailed pics as soon as I get it. Mr. Wingnut got a little behind on manufacturing due to testing a setup for the 1200.

Gonna get my gallbladder yanked Friday. I'll see you guys when I wake up.

The LD Intake showed up in the mail today. It looks like it's built well. Here's a picture of it:

SDC11080.JPG

I'll follow up when the carb arrives, and I have it mocked up before I throw it in.

tumunga":2m7briyi said:
The LD Intake showed up in the mail today. It looks like it's built well. Here's a picture of it:

I'll follow up when the carb arrives, and I have it mocked up before I throw it in.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Looks good... Cant wait to see it finished

eric that dose look good, the zoom deal realy makes for a good look . if the weather was better id find something to go to indy for so i could drop by for a look and to meet you. im realy interrested in this mod for my bike and might put one in for someone i met a few weeks ago. im glad your doing good after the operation deal

was having problem with my 75 carbs went to 82 carbs and synced them and added iridium plugs and woola runs like a scared rabbit. i do have a friend that is building a single using pvc pipe for intakes and a vw carbs runs ok but can't get it to idle. i say whatever works is what is right.
larry
75 gold wing
waco, tx
member cma waco and gwrra

Eric, glad to see your up and movnin OK, I can hardly wait to see some pictures also!!! :beg: I went out today for a 50 mile run on my single barrel CI conversion and even after using it on my bike for 10+-na few years, I'm still impressed by it!! Good Luck, Be patient and ask plenty of questions!!! Later :hi: Bob in Ft. Wayne