Springfield Mile Natioinal

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlslick

Reaction score
I rode the Aspencade with some friends to the Springfield Illinois National mile flat track race this weekend. Left Cincinnati on Friday evening, stayed close to Indianapolis Friday night. Saturday rode to Springfield and went to the short track races saturday night. Sunday we went to the Mile race at the fairgrounds and rode to Terre Haute that evening. Got up the next morning and took back roads down through Brown County Indiana. Had a great ride that day and ended up on route 50 which we took all the way back to Cincinnati.
The bike ran great !! Averaged 42 mpg and never missed a beat, in fact I think it liked it, it seems to be idling smoother now. Saw 93 miles per hour once while passing on an expressway, couldnt believe it when I looked down. I dont ride that fast and it happened when I was in the wrong lane and had an exit coming up that I needed to get over for and I was trying to make some room before I cut over in front of a car. The old girl just took off when I pulled the throttle.
The races were awesome !!!
Was anyone else there? I saw a few Classic Wings during the trip.

These old girls will get up and go and you won't really feel it! My speedo only goes to 80 MPH and I have easily buried the needle in 3rd gear alone! The longer these bikes are on the road for a trip, the better they run.....that is a fact!