Starter Compatibility 1989 1500 and what other years

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edmail

Reaction score
My Wife has a 1989 1500 Goldwing, and the mechanic just told me that my starter is D.O.A. and Honda no longer makes them. I have searched for a used unit with no luck. Are there other years with Compatible Starters.

Desperately seeking HELP
Thank you,
Ed
:thanks:

Welcome to the forums Ed!

As far as I know no other models will fit but Stockers.com sells them new and reconditioned.
I can vouch for the quality, they know what they're doing unlike taking a chance on one from ebay.
Many of them are Chinese knockoffs with plastic gears and there is a chance it might rotate the wrong direction because some other engine uses this same starter but reversed rotation.

Tell them classicgoldwings.com sent you. We don't get anything from the sale but who knows, maybe they'll give you a discount.

The starter on my '88 went out and my mechanic found a '93 used starter. It didn't have the reverse on it, so he used the parts from the '93 starter to rebuild my '88 starter. It works like a champ!

Latest posts