Stop getting stuck at lights!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When it don't go green I look carefully for cops and run it.

Good trick there if it's strong enough.
Mag strips are available which are longer, I think there is probably a reason.

I wear steel toe work boots when I ride and a foot down on the strip almost always works. For those that don't a call to DOT can fix it. They can reset sensitivity.

seen a big magnate sold for this purpose touted as making your bike "as big as a locomotive"
the magnate was originally made for lifting lost anchors and engines that had been lost off boats.

the induction don't care how big your vehicle is... just that it can see a vehicle. :D
this actually is a great idea. but I think our bikes have enough volume to trigger these.
also I'm not sure if they are used as much around here in rural michigan.

There are a couple of lights in this area that gave me trouble with my other bike, so I bought a green light trigger from JC Whitney, but it didn't help. Sense changing to the Wing, I haven't had problems with any lights, I think it is the flat broad engine that makes it easier to be picked up. I used to turn right on red then flip a u-turn, running red lights is illegal in this state u-turns aren't :roll:

slabghost":2a8ukfrm said:
It might help. Depends on how strong it is and how close you get to the sensor strip.
Normally I try to pull forward as much as I can and get on top of the sensor strips.Sometimes they work sometimes they don't.Other times cars don't want to pull to close to me at lights and we end up missing a few lights.Maybe a good sized magnet under the center stand will work :beg: .