Sturgis?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sheepskin is GREAT for cold or hot weather ! In hot weather , rather than your bottom getting irritated by sweat on a plastic seat, the sheep skin allows airflow . It was great going through 150 miles of the Mohave Dessert in California . If it rains , you just roll it up and put it into storage or bungee it in a plastic bag . My wife tried to clean it in the washing machine .Yikes !!! It was ruined ........ If I was still doing month long tours....... I would buy one in a heart beat !!!!!

carl62cycles":2qstw75g said:
FarmerRick":2qstw75g said:
Largest motorcycle rally in the world, I believe. https://www.sturgis.com/
Largest and most important I would say. :yes:

I fail to see the importance?
The sturgis reputation has done more to hurt the image of "bikers" than help.Which is exactly why I refer to myself as a "motorcyclist" not a biker. :Egyptian:

I've been to the 50th, 52nd & 54th. All on my 78 Wing Once the week before & once the week after. Those were on my 95 SE.
I don't know that I'll ever do another, Those things I've kind of things don't do any thing for me anymore. I highly reccomend anyone with a motorcycle should go to it once. Just for the experience.
I'll never forget a sign someone hung over an overpass as we were riding under it. Said this,
"Yuppie bikers trailers are for boats!"

Tory":j479dgdu said:
carl62cycles":j479dgdu said:
FarmerRick":j479dgdu said:
Largest motorcycle rally in the world, I believe. https://www.sturgis.com/
Largest and most important I would say. :yes:

I fail to see the importance?
The sturgis reputation has done more to hurt the image of "bikers" than help.Which is exactly why I refer to myself as a "motorcyclist" not a biker. :Egyptian:
The importance could be many things, largest,maybe older also location to name a few.I consider myself a motorcyclist also.I don't think sturgis is to blame for the bad image of riders.Depends on the ones that ruin an event & not the event itself.Lets face it....motorcycles haven't been well accepted in society in gral.And hollywood biker gang movies has helped a lot to sterotype the biker image.For that matter we could also blame laughling for the reputation,because of the shoot out/stabbing between rival clubs a couple years back :nea: .

we have a large ralley here in texas called rot (republic of texas) in austin in june and it is hugh never been to it but members of my cma chapter go each year. and sturgis is way to large as is daytona. that beening said they are fun and a pain at the same time.

rock42":uk2qkrfi said:
we have a large ralley here in texas called rot (republic of texas) in austin in june and it is hugh never been to it but members of my cma chapter go each year. and sturgis is way to large as is daytona. that beening said they are fun and a pain at the same time.
:yes: :yes: :good: