Swap Aspencade body to Interstate?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubbahyde

Reaction score
Hey there fellas thinking of buying a spare 83 1100A and donating the complete body to my best bud's Interstat so he has the same sound system as i do and he likes the aspencade bags etc better than what is on his ....now the only real question I have is the Aspencade fairing and electrics plug and play or are we going to have to make it fit ? his ride is an 83 GL1100i.....any help would be appreciated :head bang: :thanks:

chasrogers":t8pwvxs0 said:
it is a GOOOOOOO they will work on eather bike if all the wiring is there only diff is a sub wiring for the radio and gadges so it should all be good Chasrogers ps ask your lady she will know as well.
I only know about these differences because I have 83 Aspencade engine in my '81 Standard. Far cry from what you are asking if your not using the gauge cluster. Your buddy is going to keep his gauges and doesn't want to use the the Aspy's right? The 83 Aspy had the first digital (LCD) insturment cluster. The Neutral switch has 6 wires, one indicator for each gear instead of the neutral light only on the other models.
Also I believe the Tach is not driven off a cable from the fuel pump. I do not know where it gets its pulse signal from but I have a fuel pump that doesn't have the tach cable provision drilled and was told that is from the Aspy.
No tach.JPG

From what I know by looking at the wiring diagrams it will not be plug and play mixing Interstate and Aspencade for the reasons Hoosier Daddy said as just a start. The speedo pickup is different also.
It can all be done but your gonna have to move over more than just the fairing and bags. Might even get into having to move the wire harness and front wheel, well the speedo pickup anyway, maybe, if it fits the Interstate wheel.

hey there thanks fellas figures it would be a pain in the arse.......asked on here momma was at work.....asked her when she got home and she looked at me like i had 3 heads lmao oh well maybe the interstate will be the donor and my bro can have the aspy lmao would save alot of :head bang: :head bang: :sensored: :sensored: :head bang: :head bang: :sensored: :sensored: lol

As far as swapping the body,well there isnt any differance there.The interstates and aspencade share the same body.Differance being two tone paint and some electronics onboard air and digetal dash for 83.
If its the CB,intercom,and radio he wants,well that can be switched with out swapping body parts,but its alot of wiring.

He could do what I did and add a car radio and a JM2003DUO CB/intercom with a stereo interface harness for Harlys.I have a CB that out performs even my friends with 1500/1800 with honda CBs,a good functioning intercom and stereo on the dash and helmet.All with seperate volume,but the CB will mute the others (not the dash)when you are talked to.
I tried putting an aspy system in,but to many parts(missing),and was old and questionable.I EBAYED the aspy stuff individually,and invested the cash in the new unit from JM.
Just my $.02

Attachments

• dash 003.JPG
    dash 003.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 135
thanks for all the help fellas we are just going to upgrade all his electronic crap lol to new aftermarket.......

Bubbahyde":3u90vhwx said:
thanks for all the help fellas we are just going to upgrade all his electronic crap lol to new aftermarket.......
What crap? It's a CD/Radio. Gotta have tunes Bro. Especially since right now I'm running solo (Now thats a hint).