The 2014 Goldwing Continental restoration Saga

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
th

This is an exact double to the Virago, I only have cellphone pics of it for now so here is a Yahoo image search, same color, same bags.

Currently in my spare time I am modding the 95 Aspencade to an SE, with the extra body parts from a wrecked 98 I have the clear headlight, the lower cowls with the cornering lights, CB antenna, radio fader controls on the false tank and another set of speedo parts, plus all the trunk and bag stuff.

Replaced all the instrument lamps with LEDs and now modding in a blue LED gear indicator into the cluster, it will fit in the space where the OD indicator was, and the blue digital voltmeter will go to the unused far right empty position next to the cruise control indicators. With some minor fitting they will look nice after its all done.

The quest is still ahead, so far my day job has me on overtime every day wearing me out, because of a terrible slow summer the company decided not to hire the normal roster of concrete mixer drivers, we have ten mixer trucks, normally in the las couple of years just three can handle the load, thus three drivers are needed.

Nope not this year, for the last two or so months I have been the ONLY mixer driver, plus I maintain everything else, pay is great but long hours are taking a toll, and I am 56. Even right now its 52F outside, not raining, bearable riding weather, I want to ride the latest bike but I ache all over, but at most we have another month and then the snow will be on the ground in ernest, actually it usually starts snowing right now. 21 years in Alaska and I am truly hating the 6 month winters. But at least I have the GL1500 inside the house where I can work and mod it to a mad fashion beyond what most people simply dream of.

00404_lOTGHfr0S7a_600x450.jpg

00k0k_gvb4jeBD2aw_600x450.jpg

00g0g_e3X8OKJKtxT_600x450.jpg

My brother down in CA just bought this 84 GL1200 Interstate, needs some minor work, carb cleaning, they say it only has 24157 miles. It is worth at least the $500 he paid for it in parts, engine runs. So now I have the first Wing down in the lower 48 and still I havn't left Alaska. He has a warehouse where he can keep it till I show up later for it.

Well I have a new windshield on my 85 plus a RH cover, again its the coveted over priced battery cover that is needed. I may pull the carbs off the 84 I have here in Alaska and go through them here and now. Throw the ready to use carbs, cover or covers and windshield from the 85 in a shipping box and just check it as luggage when I fly down.

When you get to N California I know where two complete 83 wings are, both are interstates. One is sitting in the middle of a field, don't run. The other the engine is out of and missing the stator bolt. I think they can be had for very little.