They weren't that bad

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpwinger

Reaction score
After a 81/2 month nap the 82 started just fine .I think I ran carbs out of gas. Gas had marine stable added but smelled real bad. So after I got it started and took it on a ride to check brakes they were fine did not stick. I pumped old gas out and put new gas in (with atf added). It had a very slight stumble but is coming out of it now. Atf is doing its magic. Checked air in tires, still good. Front and rear shocks needed some air but still not a lot. Its ready to go any where now. But the 77 was not so easy carbs were stuck. I couldn't turn throttle and battery was bad. I had extra battery with me in Fl. glad I brought it with me. Worked throttle back and forth. It worked free!!!! It was hard to start but did. Drained gas then put in new (with a heavy dose of atf about 5 oz to 21/2 gal) it runs good over 3000 rpm but under it stumbles yet I think I just need to put some miles on it and give the atf some time to work. Back brake is dragging a little front seem ok. I haven't checked the points in years they may need a little touch up I need to look at them yet. Jerry

10 years or so don't really remember how long ago I did the off idle fixes. Spilt timing, shimmed needles and some other things to help the hiccup they had. may need to look at those things. If I could just remember what I did way back then!!!! I think I soldered air jets and redrilled them. Jerry

Well they were known Mods Randakks Mods . Played around with them way back then. But it was a long time ago. Maybe Mr. Randakk could tell me how long ago he put them on his site. I jumped on them as soon as I saw them. Jerry

Latest posts