This is what I did to my Weber

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chilidawg

Supporting Member
Reaction score
To avoid the fiasco that went down in North Carolina last year.

I took off the automatic choke and sealed it off, then I made sure the choke flaps could not suck shut by siliconing them open at the linkage.

I also changed around the jets, (on the advise of a forum member) and now it runs really badly!

My intention is to replace the carb with a new one I got from Tom Langdon.

How much of what is in the photo's should I "not do"! This time around?

Thanks.

Attachments

• HTC one 269.jpg
    HTC one 269.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 131
  • HTC one 266.jpg
    HTC one 266.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 127
such a wierd deal with these carb swaps ! every one has a different outcome ? My set up is a 80 bike.83 engine, 84 1200 swing arm.drive unit and rear wheel&brake, home built intake and a out of the box stove bolt Tom's carb, elect choke and all! Runs Great, idle is a little rich but i don't care! it don't bother nothing and i always get 40 to 42 MPG running between 60 and 80 MPH for 150 miles a day, 5 day's a week! so i ride alot of miles a week and have no problems with the set up. I think i get away with it because i live in Phoenix and this thing loves the heat! Does NOT like the cold! if i lived in a cooler area, heating the intake would be a must(i do run my heated intake in the couple of cold months we get but remove it in the spring,runs much better in the heat of summer with no intake heat) That is my whole story! Good Luck Happy Trail's

Latest posts