tire air pressure, tire or manual?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpwinger

Reaction score
Just visited one of the sites listed cannonchasters. Great site. But I have this question about tier air pressure. My manual is 32 years old the listed tier pressure is for tiers made then 1980. would you use that for the new tiers of today. A little confused about it. New s11 507 lbs max load 41 psi cold is that max pressure or recommended pressure or somewhere in between?????

(title edit-aapple)

On cars, I like to go with the vehicle mfgr recommended tire pressure spec. The pressure embossed on the tire is the tire mfgr maximum spec. It is not what's recommended for the vehicle for performance , handleing, and wear.

I adjust the pressure starting at what it says on the tire for max pressure.
Like my service van tires are 10 ply 80 lbs max.
The rears are loaded with weight close to max but 80 is too hard over the road, I run about 70. The fronts at 65.

The bike says 40 max. I run the rear at 40, front at 35 which for me feels good over the road.

well owners manual says( fully loaded) 40 rear ,front 32 guess that's what to go with. max on tiers are 41 both front and back thanks every one

Latest posts