Tires..AGAIN....

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joel,
I checked with our Returns on this and was told this tire is worn beyond Dunlop's allowable tread depth warranty.

I'm sorry but we could not process this as a warranty issue with Dunlop.
You might want to check with them directly to see if they can do anything on this for you.

Thanks,
Ron

Wow! :shock: I guess I'm screwed on this un.... :crying: :rant:

Yeppers..not much help there, eh? At least they replied....more than I expected anyway. I may make a feeble attempt to see if Dunlop can at least explain WHY the tire wore like this. Can't believe they said it was worn too much to warranty it.....at 3000 miles....DUH? It's only worn in the one spot, so how 'bout warrantying the REST of the tire that ain't worn? :headscratch:

Guess I'll have to start shoppin for a new un.... :help:

AApple":2exfwtft said:
:rant:
I was checkin the air in my tires this morning when I noticed something that disturbed me greatly. My front tire has around 20,000 miles on it, and has nice tread, plenty of meat left, no weather cracks, nothing. The rear tire, which I JUST replaced last summer, has a spot on it aboot 8"-10" long in one area that has worn all the way down to nothing...just the wear bars. The rest of the tire still has plenty of tread left.
I have NEVER locked the rear tire up on this bike, don't do burn outs, or slide around corners.....so....what the heck is goin on here? I thought well maybe, when I pop it down from the center stand, it's wearing the tire, but...is it REALLY possible to wear it in the exact same spot every time I take it off the center stand? I think not.... :nea:
This tire came from Dennis Kirk, in July of '10...Dunlop, D404 130/90H-17.
Any ideas, or did I just get a bum tire? Kinda pizzez me off...this thing prolly only has aboot 3-4000 miles on it....

The tire supplier should be of some help, with either a new one, or a prorated price on a new one, based on miles driven and/or time from purchase. Blessings to you with this prob. mrgeo. :hi:

:mrgreen: Nope!
Naw..no noise, smell, vibrations, nada. Just checking air pressures that day and saw it. :shock:

Just to be clear...on my Gallery page, the first tire pics, labeled tr1 thru tr4, are NOT of the tire in question. Those are pics of the tire that the slick one I have now replaced, because of the damage to it. But you'll notice the tread on that tire is still killer....just had the bulge on it. That one, I DID feel!!!

ive pro rated your tire joel as garbage :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :mrgreen: you owe us money for not changing sooner ....i dont think there going to anything for joel....i think jerry might be right on the bridstones maybe :rant: :rant: :mischief:

I bought a Dunlop 404 for my wing and when inquiring about it from the manufacturer, they informed me that the 404 was not designed for the big touring bikes at all and recommended that I not use it. When I ordered the tire from Dennis Kirk they didn't say any thing about this tire not being recommended for my bike. I will no longer deal wit Dennis kirk. All they want to do is sell you stuff.

jrscamhlspouse":3o2npqo3 said:
I bought a Dunlop 404 for my wing and when inquiring about it from the manufacturer, they informed me that the 404 was not designed for the big touring bikes at all and recommended that I not use it. When I ordered the tire from Dennis Kirk they didn't say any thing about this tire not being recommended for my bike. I will no longer deal wit Dennis kirk. All they want to do is sell you stuff.
In all fairness....I ordered my Bridgestones from Dennis Kirk and was real pleased with the transaction and the price. However, I originally went to Honda to let them tell me which tires were best rated for this bike, and they were the ones that recommended the Bridgestone S11's in the first place. The Dealer made it clear that the S11's are made for touring and that is why they have such an high rating in the first place (over 700 lbs). (BTW, My Honda Dealer does not recommend 404's or any Dunlop tires for older Wings)

jrscamhlspouse":39vivrsx said:
I have since learned that this man knows of what he says, The D404 Dunlops is a cruser tire not a touring tire, I did a little looking and that's how they are labeled..Wish I caught that before buying them..there is a difference in how their designed I'm sure...Live and learn ... :Egyptian: